Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Bushnell 3x9 Scopechief that has not been used in a least 30 years. Optics look great but I can't get the adjustment screws to turn. I've gone so far as to put a coin in the slot and try to turn it with pliers. Coin bends but screw will not budge. Any ideas?

· Banned
273 Posts
Use scope rings that are adjustable for elevation and windage and a scope base adjustable for elevation, or replace the scope.

Sounds like corrosion has permanently locked the turrets. Any chemical that would dissolve the corrosion, will most likely do more harm than good.

You could send it to be repaired, but cost would exceed the value, unless it has sentimental value of course.

Lee :F

· Registered
5,540 Posts
The Scopechiefs were very good scopes. If you think the optics are excellent it might be worth getting it repaired if it could be done for less than $80 bucks or so. I am sure someone on here will have an idea about how to get into the turrets, maybe add a drop of lube and gently heat them and tap on them with a small brass hammer or something similar to try and free them. If you damage the scope you are right back where you started with a broken scope so no further loss. worth a try in my book. I just picked up a Scopechief from Ebay and it is excellent.
9 fingers

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Condor22

I've seen rings that adjust for windage but can't remember seeing any that adjust for elevation. Can you tell me a manufacturer and model?

9 Fingers,

Thanks, I would like to tinker with this scope to see if I can get it working since the optics are actually very good. I may see if I can send it in for a reasonable cost but that goes against my DIY mentality.

· Banned
273 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.