Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say the value of this website is over-the-top, not to mention the fellowship of hanging out with other 10/22 fanatics.....thanx, ya'll!

Here is my situation. Currently approaching the time of purchasing a barrel/stock combo. I want tighter groups from the barrel though I'm not doing any shooting matches.

The choice: Both packages have the Hogue OM stock fitted for the heavy barrel.

Midway has the Adams and Bennet barrel in the package for 119.99

J&G has the Clerke barrel for 99.95

So it boils down to the choice of which barrel is better, the Clerke or the Adams and Bennet??

Perf

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one of the same setups you have...A&B barrel in a Hogue OM stock, and while I've never shot any matches with it, I have angered friends by sniping the tacks off the targets at 50 yards and making them go tack them back up :D

Another thing I tried out with this barrel is stingers...even tho it says that it is a match barrel, it chambers and fires stingers without a problem, in fact, the stingers are one of the more reliable ammunitions for my gun.

Just my .02, good luck with your gun :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got an A and B also. I will tell you right now that it is one of the BEST barrels for the money.

Mine likes the CCI green tags more than the cheap stuff though, unlike dakotas. Goes to show you that you better try out a bunch of ammo after you get it all together.

To answer the question I of course say go with the A and B. I really don't think you'll ever regret it.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
My understanding is that A&B barrels are made by Green Mountain. I don't have proof but its something that has gone around for quite a while. You'll find that quite a few people on RFC highly recomend the Green Mountain barrel (as do I) and the common phrase is best bang for the buck. Hope that helps in making your choice.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for all the feedback you guys. Probably will go with the AandB barrel for the sake of a good deal, it being that GM is rumored to manufacture them and all. Another week or so and the deal will be swung and will be watching for the brown truck.

thanx again,

Perf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.