Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the day I pick up my Marlin VS. I went out and bought two Pentel .5mm pencils and just dissected them (for the trigger mod). I'm wondering if I have the right one. I'm wondering because they have 2 springs per pencil, each of different diameter. Also I read that they cost $10 each, these cost me $1.61 at my college bookstore. One is royal blue, and the other is an aqua green. They say pentel .5mm PD15 Japan on the pocket clip. The "clicker" is down where you grip the pencil. Is it possible that they make more than one model?? (2 minutes later)-- I just went to office depot's site and they have 17 pentel mechanical pencils listed. Could someone please help and give a model # or a pic? Thanks, this could get expensive!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I used a pen spring but I did try the pencil springs just get a spring that is the same diameter of the factory spring. Also if the spring is to long it will make it difficult to remove the bolt. You can shorten them depending on the spring design and length

My trigger is 2.5lbs with almost so take up but I think I'm going to do a little stoning.

I also recommend polishing the bolt it really makes a big difference and is very easy. :t

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never even thought about there being 2 springs in the .05 Pentel pencil I bought. The one I used in my VS is smaller in diameter than the factory one but sure lighten the trigger pull up. I do have some creep that I need to work on. Any suggestions!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the rifle and got the spring put in. The trigger is crisp but it seems a little heavy, maybe 4 pounds. I may take a couple coils off it tomorrow. Also My brother and I bought 2 17 VS's from walmart and neither of them were floated. I'll break it in and see how it shoots. If I'm under .8MOA I'll leave it alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts