Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I unscrewed the 3 screws on my American .22LR (one is behind the trigger guard, and the other 2 are in front of the trigger guard).
As soon as I unscrewed them, and separated the action from the stock, this round metal thing fell out. I don't know where and how to put it back in. Can you guys please help me?
Here are some pics of what I'm talking about:

Alan T.

· Registered
10,461 Posts
That is a lug that the rear screw screws into it goes in the dovetail on the bottom of the action behing the trigger. It just slides in.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
recumbent said:
That is a lug that the rear screw screws into it goes in the dovetail on the bottom of the action behing the trigger. It just slides in.
Thank you very much, Recumbent!

I got it back together :t :cool:

But I noticed that now the stock is more tight on the barrel, on the left side...

I am beginning to think that this rear-screw lug has something to do with it; maybe when I slided it into the bottom of the action, it wasn't alligned straight, and then I just assembled it that way, causing the stock to be tight on the left side.

Hey, if I can prove that true, that means I discovered the answer to the infamous floating problem of the CZ 452 Line! (I am most likey just getting over-excited lol)

P.S.
If I hold the stock with one and, and hold the barrel with the other, I now can actually move the barrel to the right side of the stock... Strange; I wasn't able to do that before the disassembly.

· Registered
811 Posts
When you take the action out of the stock again, look at the stock and you will see the recess in the back of the action where the rear lug goes. Make sure that the rear lug is centered in the dove tail and in the recess area.

· Registered
2,202 Posts
Set screw

I put a short 6mm set screw in the lug to keep it from moving. Take the lug screw with you to the store to be sure it fits. I had to cut the set wcrew off it was a little long. Do this and it will stay in place. Bob

· Registered
1,132 Posts
If you use a set screw do not tighten too tightly, it will dimple the receiver under it. A good way to lock the lug in place is to epoxy it in place, make sure everything is straight first before letting it set-up, also put the magazine in the rifle (unloaded) to help seat/set the action in the stock.

· Registered
2,955 Posts
I set-screwed mine awhile ago, no difference in accuracy (which is excellent) helps prevent it falling off during disassembly and denting something (like the stocks finish).
Take care,
warren

· Registered
10,461 Posts
Mine is held in with a set screw also I centered it in the stock then tightened the set screw while it was in the stock. May have helped accuracy a tiny bit, not sure; it just shoots fantastic for a $300 rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.