Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Help - Mags for Glenfield/Marlin 25 Bolt

298 3
I have read some very positive comments on the Marlin/Glenfield 25 rifles and happened to find a neglected one at a local gun shop. Only problem besides the layer of dust and spotty surface rust is the absence of a magazine. The dealer does not have any of the "old" style mags for this rifle. I have checked Cheaper than dirt, Numrich, and Midway. All have them in stock, but almost double what my dealer said they should cost. He said they should be in the $8-9 range.

Anyone know if this is accurate and where I can find them for this price? Cheaper than Dirt is the cheapest at $10,41 plus shipping.

Thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you like the model 25, I wouldn't let a few bucks cost for a magazine keep you from getting it. Since the model 25 is discontinued, I'd get at least a couple magazines for it. (I don't have any magazine fed firearms without getting at least two magazines, anyway.)

I've shot a Marlin 25, but never owned one. I have owned a 25N, 15yn, and do currently have a 880sq. They are fine rifles, and the best you can buy in the low price range. Accuracy is very good, but don't expect to get a competitive shooter.....a squirrel hunter.....yes!

hog

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a few sources

Well, I now have one magazine for the rifle. Our local Gander Mountain had one in stock. It cost $12.09. For those out there searching for the same mag, I found them at four other places:
Cheaper Than Dirt $10.54
Marlin Factory Store $11.00
MidwayUSA $13.99
Numrich $14.15

That's for the input on locating a mag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.