Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have an "OLD" (real old, circa 18xx-1930 guess) .22 LR that was made by J.Stevens. It is a single shot that breaks like a single barrel shotgun BUT it has a lever action to break the barrel. It is also a break down model. One single thumb screw under the forearm when loosened will let you remove the barrel.
On the left side the receiver says> "J.Stevens arms co.<>Chicopee Fall, Mass. USA<>"MARKSMAN""<
On the right side of the receiver it says "Trademark<>STEVENS<>reg.US PAT OFF & FGN< It is SN L 729.
I Need to identify the actual model number. I'm trying to also find a breakdown of it. Sucker still shoots good but needs an extractor. I may have to mfg. one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You appear to have a Stevens #12 Marksman. Intro in 1912 and while more popular than the Crackshot, was far less popular than the Favorite. Retail price was 7.95 in 1912. Built on the Maynard type action. Offered in 22lr, 25 Long or 32 Long rimfire. Source: Single Shot Rifles and actions by Frank de Haas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.