Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Help: Going rate for CZ452 SE 28' tube NIB??

507 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mr_Christopher
Hi -

I wasn't in the market but found a NIB CZ452 SE model, 28" barrel. It's $350. That's a good chunk of change for me right now. I'm very tempted but don't know anything about these or the value.

What say you? I coach a lot of youth .22 leagues and would use it for that.

Thanks
Mike P
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
12,486 Posts
If in fact the one you looked at is a Super Exclusive ( says so on the barrel, with a walnut stock, one of the original 110 ) it is a bargain at that price. If it is in fact an UltraLux ( Super Brno 2500 on the barrel ) it is, as was said, available new for less.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi -

Yes both rifles are marked SE on the barrels, no BRNO markings. I'm planning to pick one.

If anyone wants the other drop me a line. zzr7ky a t outgun daht com

Thanks for the info!

Mike P

· Registered
1,176 Posts
Seems I have read that there are Super Exclusive marked rifles that do not have the rare Walnut stock. These are a more recent offering in the last year. If it has the beach stock (orange tint) it is not one of the 110. Still will be a very nice shooter no matter the wood in the stock.
Mine is a shooter.
Good luck,
Magical

· Registered
236 Posts
Joe Mamma said:
Yes, mine is an Ultra Lux (it says that on the box) with the long barrel and orange stock. But, it says "Super Exclusive" on the barrel.

Joe Mamma
Yup. That's what I've got. Bought it from Zander's through my local FFL. Zander's has them in stock for $320. "Ultra Lux" on the box and "Super Exclusive" on the barrel. Stock is orange "walnut stained hardwood" (beech IIRC).

· Registered
2,936 Posts
If you're working with smaller people, remember that the Ultra-Lux and Super Brno have a thick recoil pad that dramatically increases the length of pull. I'd recommend the special instead. Same sights, less LOP.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks - I'm starting to think this one is for me ; )

I'm able to remove the pad if need be. I just whacked a Romainian down to 10.5" LOP and glass bedded it. That'll hold them for this year.

I'm going to pick it up this weekend.

Thanks VERY MUCH! I'll let you all know how it goes. It is the lighter beech stock.

Mike P

· Registered
2,358 Posts
We should start a thread where everyone who has one of these posts a picture so we can see what everyone is doing with theirs.

Someone recently posted pictures showing the biathlon style iron (target-aperture/peep)sights including a globe front. I think most people use a variety of scopes.

Anyhow, an idea...

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.