Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.

Help finding 6-48 screws to plug holes on top of receiver

2145 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Smiling Bob
I just bought a 20 year old DSP Sporter, which I am just crazy about! This one I plan to shoot with open irons only.

Anyway, when I got it, there was no rail mounted to the top of the receiver, but there are some marks indicating that one had been there. The four holes are open (no screws). To finish off the top of the receiver, I'd really love to find some flat top screws to plug those four holes with and I believe they are 6-48 screws... and must be extremely short.

Does anyone happen to have any of these that they're not using? I'm having a difficult time finding this size screw. They are extremely uncommon outside of the gun scope world.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, I hear Pirates like photos ;) ... here's the gun:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clayton... Thank you for that suggestion. I had already tried Brownells and Midway to no avail. But now that I am searching for "receiver filler screws" (thanks to your suggestion) I found them through a Google search at the Ruger store, which I didn't know of before. Thanks again, buddy, happy shootin' to ya!

http://shopruger.com/10_22-Set-4-Filler-plug-Screws/productinfo/60033/

· Registered
531 Posts
Nice thing about this place - members will often help find common 10/22 parts
usually for next to nothing. A couple of years ago I needed a barrel band. Well like the screws you want a lot of folks do not need their barrel bands because they swapped stocks. Many do not need their receiver screws either because they added a scope. So my guess is that someone has already helped you out at a very reasonable price.

Anyway in my case another member offered me a barrel band for free as long as I covered shipping. I mailed him 2 or 3 dollars cash and a week later I had a barrel band.

I hope your experience is as good as mine was.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silver... Ole Man River was very generous and has sent a set to me at no cost. No shipping cost either. And I'm doing the same for Chromie who wanted a pair of sling studs I offered on the Pay It Forward thread. Wonderful way to be... Kind, generous, helpful people here for sure. This forum is what it is because of these good people like Ole Man River, you, and many others!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.