Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Help-cz452-17hmr Varmit

373 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tuck2
I've got problems. Bought the gun new friday, Done the trigger work, floated the barrel. I've been getting some small flyers out of the groups. They started out at 3/8-1/4 out of the group. They have now gone to 3"-4" out of the group. I am shooting at 50 yards. The gun will shoot. Several groups in the 1/4-3/8 range except for the flyer. Shot 8 shots in a group about 3/8 while ago. The 9th shot hit 3.5" to the left and the 10th shot went back into the group. My buddy shot 7 shots in a 1/4" group and the 8th shot went about 3" to the right and the next 2 shots went back close to the group. 1 was a little left and the other about 3/4" low. We changed scopes and it did not make any difference. The action to stock fit is bad, It has a bad rocking motion from front to rear. It could be bedded, But I don't think bedding would cause it to have a flyer that for out. Please help
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,283 Posts
To add to Rimfire Kids' good suggestions...

keep a log and work at methodically being consistent at the bench. This includes minimally moving the rifle between shots. Only shoot five shot groups (that way your not changing magazines and position).

Check the screws/bedding after a flier.

· Registered
271 Posts
The wood to action contact should not allow the action to rock . The wood should along the sides of the action be in full contact with the action to stop any rocking. I full glass bedded the action on my CZ Varmint rifle so there is some support under the tang forward to about one inch of the barrel. With only one action screw on the Varmint 17 HM2 rifle good action bedding should stop the flires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.