Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Hello guys

500 7
I want to thank all of the contributors of this forum for all the time and information they willingly give. After several months of watching, listening and learning I took the big step and ordered a 10/22 Mag. In the up coming months I know I will be asking all kinds of questions (no dumb questions because the only dumb question is the one not asked). So be patient with me and kept this new guy on the right track.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Kewl!

WELCOME!!

You're 100% correct........

"The ONLY dumb question, is the one not asked!"

One favor.......

Please! When ya ask about "converting" over to that "other" caliber.......ask it over in the "Mini-Me Magnum" Forum.

Thanks,

I'm kinda sensitive about that topic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ski
The sensitivity is noted!! As for the “Mini-ME Mags” one project gun at a time. I know this is going to be fun and I cant wait to get the ball rolling. It has started out great all ready. I did some price comparison and I decided to buy from a local gun dealer instead of a retail store. His price was $9.00 more but, as I was walking out the door he gave me an extra magazine just for doing business with him. I like this crowd already

·
Registered
704 Posts
local merchant

Skyler, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:)
Local vs. Large retailer is one of my "things." I am always trying to talk people into using the local shops...for everything. My family owns a couple of local grocery stores, and we are in direct competition with the BIG BAD guys.

Lots of luck with the new project.
(I say project, because if it is not already, it will be before long):D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bug!!!

Oh No!

The bug has hit me hard. I received the 10/22 Mag today and have torn it apart for cleaning and inspection. Cycling the action was like rubbing two blocks of concrete together. It needs a lot of polishing and shooting, about two bricks of ammo through it to smooth it out. The trigger was like pulling a stalled Mac truck. Called Boyds and ordered a Blaster and they said they would have it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Skyler,

Welcome to the maggit crowd! Ski is a wealth of info and can prove to be valuable, even if he doesn't always agree with me all the time! :D Just kiding Ski!

Anyway I'm one of the bolt heads as far as the MAGNUMS go and tend to shy away from the little bullets too! So once again welcome and be proud your a maggit!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
welcome skyler

and now u are a maggit. I am not a clik clacker but there are plenty who are who can help you with any of the modifications necessary. I shoot a 77/22 because in my state i cant hunt legally with a clik clak. good luck with your project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.