Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Do you think in the .17 hmr round will have a heavier bullet in the future? is this even possible?

Colorado Joe
CZ American Varmint!:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes

and Yes.
:)

First things first, though...we have to get through this next 6 months to a year so dealers can have the current offerings as a REGULAR item on the shelves instead of being 'special order' stuff....

Time will tell all....in the mean time...I'm shooting the current two offerings with wonderous results, and so far...I have no need for another bullet.

·
Registered
736 Posts
To what end?

The whole idea in the developement of this cartridge was to significantly outperform the .22WMRF.

Just a slight increase in projectile weight will degrade it back to that level.

What advantage is there in that?

Mac 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If there was a heavier bullet for it, yes, it would be about the same performance as the 22 mag. But then you would be able to hunt coyotes with it more successfully. The lighter bullet isn't going to be effective shooting coyotes in the body. I shot one with mine behind the shoulder and it turned around and laughed at me...haha.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : Right about the heavier bullet .

Just think = They could make a 30 gr projectile.

You could neck-up the 17HMR case to .224 . that would do it.

Or you could buy a box of CCI (TNTS) Already to go.

Everyone wants to turn the 17 hmr BACK INTO A 22 MAGNUM.
I just dont get it . The most accurate rimfire on earth , and
people want to change it.
Change it " it will only get WORSE."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.