Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
"H" was the Winchester headstamp till sometime in the 80's. The "H" in a circle was the headstamp used on the first issue of Winchester .22's in 1873. Why they have opt'ed to again use the "H" in a circle...I don't know.

The Super-X was originally a Western headstamp and the Flying W was not used till the 80's or 90's.

The "H" originated with the Henry rifle.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I thought the circle was there for the purpose of making the priming compound flow to the rim of the cartridge evenly. When I first saw the Supreme it reminded me of the Russian Olymp-R Match ammo that the Russians shot in the Olympics. I still have some of it and it shoots suberb--never shot anything that beat it!! I don't think it exists any more--I paid 17.00 a box for it 5 years ago. The circle on the Supreme reminded me of it!! I ahve some of the Power Points made in Australia that I bought years ago--orange box--they shoot very well--but the circle is not present on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.