Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
From www.lapua.com

In August 1998 Patria Industries Oyj, Celsius AB of Sweden and Raufoss ASA of Norway signed an agreement concerning the establishment of a Nordic Ammunition Group, the Nammo Group. The operations of the Group began in the summer of 1998. In Finland the Nammo Group comprises Nammo Lapua Oy. Following operations were transferred to Nammo Lapua Oy:

* Lapua Ammunition plant
* SK Jagd- und Sportmunitions GmbH
* Product rights of Vammas Defencetec Oy, concerning medium caliber cartridges
* Some functions in Jyskä
* Leppävirta Plant (brass cases)
* Part of the operations of the Vihtavuori Plant

Wolf is made by SK Jagd of the former East Germany...which, along with Lapua, is part of NAMMO.

IIRC, some of the less expensive Lapua is made by SK Jagd.

I'd mention that there is some concern (search benchrest.com) that the new Lapua ammo (and maybe the Wolf) is not as good (or is at least different) as last year's stuff because the primer is different and seems to be "more like" Eley's primer, which is English. Something to do with not using ether in the process because it is toxic...don't ask me to explain or verify...I'm only summarizing some of what I've read. There is also this unverified story of a 'fire' at a primer plant somewhere.

Are we having fun yet?

John

·
Registered
327 Posts
Head stamps

John,
You sure summed that up in a very good way! Seems that you did your homework & reseach on that question. Are we having fun yet? I don't know yet, still testing new lot's of Lapua(the new stuff), not much fun yet, but just maybe a new lot will be the winner!
Keep them in the center....Ricky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.