Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I see that he's made them public now, someone suggested I start a thread on them, so here it is.

I've been using them for 2-3 months in one 10/22 and a couple of months in the other. They workd great!! I have seen absolutely no wear on them and haven't had a problem yet. They are a bit more rigid than the other ones that I've seen, not as bendable. I've tried two other brands.

Great product from Hawk, check them out.

John

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just orderd one. Along with a extended magazine release, and Extractor.

lol I dont evin have my gun yet. I just dont like the idea of a metal bolt slamming on a metal pin.

The person who sold me the 10/22 fumbled with the mag release when he was showing it to me. So Im pretty sure that was a good idea to get.

I see people with extracting problems, so I got the extractor.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Stratcat,

I'm confused about the picture, I saw, at Hawk's website.....

How do those work?

Do they replace the bolt stop pin, like the WeaponKraft Buffer?

Really, I'm mystified!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ski,

they are pretty much the same. They are stiffer, which I do like. I don't know about everyone else, but mine fit tight and I've got to tap it in. These don't bend when tapping, and they go right in.

Darktide, the extractors is the only thing that I haven't changed on my 10/22's :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ski,

My photo is probably confusing, because I have three of them in the photo. They work just like Dakotan's Buffer. The truth is, I will still be selling Dakotan's buffer as well, as it is a top quality product. The unique thing about our buffers is that ours offer the perfect durometer for maximum performance. The reason mine appear to be a little stiffer, as StratCat mentioned, may have to do with something I do to them prior to cutting them (we're talking Top Secret stuff here!).

The bottom line? It will be very difficult to see a difference in quality between mine and Dakotans. He makes a great buffer, as do I. The biggest difference is that his are orange, and mine are clear purple. I just wanted something with a little pizazz! One thing is for sure, you won't find a better buffer out there. Let's put it this way....if our buffers were running in the Kentucky Derby, it would be a photo finish between "Jack-0-Lantern" and "Purple Haze" :D

Hawk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ooooooohhhhh......

I understand, now.

It must be an "optical illusion" with this monitor.

They look like they're "concave" shaped, to me. Kinda like a woman's extra long fake fingernails.

I was thinking, "Maybe, ya glue it to the back of the bolt, or something."

Thanks for clearing that up, for me.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
ski said:

It must be an "optical illusion" with this monitor.
Ski,

If you break down and replace that monochrome moniter you'll be able to see a lot more :D :D

Dave Z.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.