Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10/22 is still sitn the same as before. 16.5" blue fluted barrel sitn in rugers laminated stock with silver reciver and 12 power bsa scopeoh and bipod and stuff.

Ive been takn about 2 pigeons a day as lay land in the horse pasture. its kinda close quarters and a one shot deal a miss means a richacet or dead cow or somethn. Ive got 5 or six in 7 days. theres usualy 4 walkn around the pausture close together but i can only pick on off cause they fly off to fast.

thats about all ive been doing, they just started comeing in the last week wich is kinda sprkn my intrest again, since the ground squrels never realy came out this year and 17 ammm is still hard to or close to impossible to come by right now.

ohhhhhhhhh this evening I watched a crow floatn over the pasture so i layed down bipod down and waited for 15mins, i swear it was watch me so it took off.

whats everyone else been up to latly

Evan

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Welcome back...Its been wet where I'm at in Tenn. and raining almost every day.......My shooting buddy is a big scale farmer and has a large pond on some of his land that he stocks with fish...but the turtles are taking over and eating the young stocked fish......so a brick of Dynapoints and a few hours with our 10-22's and the turtle population is drastically reduced....you have to watch because there are frogs in the pond also and they look a lot like the turtles if you just see the tip of their head sticking up and he wants the frogs so it adds a little to spotting and shooting without getting the frogs.....after the turtles were under control we had a hot day and the wood bees were boring holes in my daughters old playhouse now used as a storage area and from the back porch to the playhouse is 17yds.......I got a long long clear area and woods behind the house and then a big field so I can shoot out the back door......I checked the point of impact for the 17yd distance and just held off rather than move the scope........the big old wood bees are about the size of the turtle heads and when they stop to hover before going to snack on the wood they make interesting targets and make you squeeze the trigger and show a jerkey track and follow thru quickly by the hit/miss ratio...I used a Anschutz sporter for the bees as it is lighter than the Clark HB and has a great trigger......enjoy the summer ..good luck and good shooting!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.