Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I mentioned how pleased I am with my 10/22 setup?

I bought the all weather version of this neat little carbine because I wanted the stainless steel barrel. It was never my intention to make extensive modifications, but there were a few things I wanted to change.

I added the Choate stock that, for me, is very comfortable. I also like the fact Choate came with sling swivels installed. Mounting swivels on the standard Ruger plastic stock could have presented a challenge. I also added a simple sling.

The sights on my Ruger were also replaced with the Williams Firesights. I opted for the peep sights. These are excellent for quick target acquisition.

Internally, I've added only the VQ mag release and bolt release mechanism.

With this setup, I shoot 1 - 1.5 inch groups at 25 yards. I don't know how this accuracy compares with what could be obtained with a diffrent setup or by a better shot, but I have been pleased with the result given my limited outlay and my goal of owning a compact, fast handling, reasonable accurate plinker.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Willieboy that's a good thing about the 10/22

You can have it your way.:)

If you want to change and try a new
setup you are limited only by your
imagination and pocket book.:)

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.