Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I very naturally shoot pistols lefty and rifles righty. Really helps with tactical shooting!
I use both eyes for pistol and only the right for rifles.
What works works.
Oddly, my regular shooting buddy is just the opposite!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a few lefties.
Anschutz 1813L
Anschutz 54MS
Kimber 82 Custom Classic
Vudoo V22
Browning X Bolt
Several Rem700 LH and a bunch of customs like BAT and Nesika. Sucks there aren't more to choose from.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got several LH rifles. Problem is, I've been shooting RH guns for so long, I actually hate handling my LH guns!! Completely un-natural! Awkward to use and all the controls are in the wrong place.
Weird, but true...:eek:
Haha, same here. I learned on and shot righties my whole life and when I finally got a LH bolt action at 45 years old, I worked like a goof who had never handled a bolt action. Lefties adapt. :D

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
As of a year ago, I have finally replaced all of my right handed rifles with lefties. While I have fewer rifles than at any time over the past 15 years, I am satisfied with these four bolt action lefties:
  • CZ 452 (22 LR)
  • CZ 527 (.223 Rem.)
  • Savage M77 Hawkeye (204 Ruger)
  • Savage 93GL (22 WMR)
Finally, the pride of the gun safe is a truly ambidextrous Ruger No. 1V in 222 Rem. That rifle is one of a kind, as Ruger never built a 1V in 222. I had a 1A converted to a 1V with a Krieger barrel, a Jard 1.75 lb. trigger and a 1V stock.

The bad news is theleft handed CZ 452, CZ 527 and the Savage M77 Hawkeye are out of production. I still see the Savage 93GL for sale at several outlets but that is about it.for reasonable priced decent quality lefties.

You may have noticed I am down to one lefty in 22 LR. By having Don Stith make a BR stock for my 452, while being able to switch stocks in 5 minutes or less, I have both an off hand sporter and a light Sporter class BR rifle in one rifle. That is all I need. If you have never seen the 452 with the Don Stith stock, here it is:
Window Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great idea Onearm building the Ruger 1V in .222.
Ditto for the CZ 452 stock swap.
I have several left hand .22 rifles of different makes and some ambidextrous like Ruger #1's and lever.
Just bought a Belgium Browning T-Bolt grade 2 that is going to be a somewhat project gun.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts