Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah 10-4. Thanks for explaining that. All is well.:bthumb:

A simple miscommunication. Happens often on forums. Intentions are often not conveyed well in this text only medium. I will steer clear of any political comments in the non political forums (and I avoid the political forums because they only cause me heartburn).

·
Registered
524 Posts
being a confirmed lefty and owning one rem 870 12ga, three rem rifles,-.22-708-308, two win rifles- 7mm-mag-300 win mag and one savage rifle-308 that are all left hand. I tell my wife I,m half right. eastbank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
New to the site and a lefty. (Wife is left eyed and has to shoot left)
I have two right-bolt CZs that I operate with my left hand.
I haven't competed or hunted, just target shooting so it's not an issue.

Only issue I've ever had shooting was with an AR (A1, no deflector) once had brass bounce off my cheek.

This summer I am going to practice shooting right just to see how well I can.
Because more shooting is better. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
New to the site and a lefty. (Wife is left eyed and has to shoot left)
I have two right-bolt CZs that I operate with my left hand.
I haven't competed or hunted, just target shooting so it's not an issue.

Only issue I've ever had shooting was with an AR (A1, no deflector) once had brass bounce off my cheek.

This summer I am going to practice shooting right just to see how well I can.
Because more shooting is better. :D
Ah grasshopper if true lefty the shift will come smoothly.

Have a weak side shoot between friends
Most RH folks will stumble more than the LH ....try it.
I used to shoot both sides with my AR but arthritis in my hips makes prone on the right uncomfortable. Lefty I can still hold for the 10-20 min

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, so I had to laugh....(yes, this is my third post in 11 years...:D )

I hadn’t lurked in a while and just now noticed that there is a lefty section!

D’oh

In my umpteen years of shooting, I have owned exactly two left handed guns, a Lakefield MkII and a Savage 111.....have taught myself to adapt to a rigt handed world ( unless we’re talking AKs, because I think ol’ MK was a lefty ;) )
What’s funny, both my lefty guns were bought stupid cheap used because they sat FOREVER with no one interested. I pays being handicapped sometimes. :cool:

Anywhoo......hi and stuff!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lefty here as well.
I've been shooting for 50+ years and have never bought a LH gun. They're too hard to sell.
The only gun I ever had an issue with was an Armalite AR180, that liked to bounce brass off of my face. Easy problem to fix, I gave it to one of my boys.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Ok, so I had to laugh....(yes, this is my third post in 11 years...:D )

I hadn't lurked in a while and just now noticed that there is a lefty section!

D'oh

In my umpteen years of shooting, I have owned exactly two left handed guns, a Lakefield MkII and a Savage 111.....have taught myself to adapt to a rigt handed world ( unless we're talking AKs, because I think ol' MK was a lefty ;) )
What's funny, both my lefty guns were bought stupid cheap used because they sat FOREVER with no one interested. I pays being handicapped sometimes. :cool:

Anywhoo......hi and stuff!
I bought a used Savage 11 in .223 with a 3-9X Nikon Prostaff for $350 from one of my LGS's. Had to have it because it was a lefty, and at the time I didn't even have any bolt action guns. With cheap 50gr American Eagle black box varmint-tipped ammo, it consistently shoots one-hole groups @ 100 yards, even with just the 9x scope.

Turns out I really like driving stick; a nice slow meditative state of mind compared to semiauto--which I also like.

·
Registered
561 Posts
This lefty hasn't left

Been here since there was a here here :eek:man:. I have always shot left handed as I am left hand & eye dominate. I have a dozen or more left handed guns and even had a few that ejected out the bottom and or forward. Not sure if they still do but Stag offered a left handed bolt for shooting 22LR in their left handed AR uppers. I have a dedicated 22LR 16 in carbine upper from Tac/Sol. I just recently snagged a left handed Ruger American bolt action in 223 CDNN has a left handed 7.62 / 308 Scout rifle for $699.99 delivered to your FFL. Prices are low inventory high & selection is real good. Sadly I fear that soon these will have been known as the good old days :eek: .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still here. I'm going ground squirrel shooting in a couple weeks. My 93R17GLV will hopefully get a workout.

The little buggers haven't been bothered since last September, so there should be some good action.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Only check here occasionally as it isn't real active. Still makes for some good reading on occasion. Was out gopher shooting yesterday, got about 70 in a couple of hours using my CZ 452 LH 17 HMR. Pretty decent action. It is a small field but it is close by so fun to pop out for and hour or two and play, plus the farmer really likes me keeping the numbers down. The first year I shot this field I was killing 500 in a couple of hours. Shooting will control the population if you shoot it often enough.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts