Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Harris Bipod?

658 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  markdperkins
Hey all,

I went into the local gunshop this last weekend with my dad and decided to buy a Ruger 10/22. Pretty excited about the cheap ammo (which means more shooting :D ) and the moddablilty.

The first thing id really like to put on it is a bipod, and everyone ive talked to swears by Harris. So i started doing my homework on them, but cant find an adaptor for the 10/22.

So am i just looking in the wrong place or is there no adaptor for a Harris bipod for a 10/22?

Ace
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Welcome to RFC!!!

:Welcome:

Welcome to RFC!!!

Uncle Mike's (Michaels of Oregon) makes sling adapters for the 10/22. The one on the rear of the stock is drilled and then screwed in. The kit supplies one (shorter) for the forearm and also a modified stud for use on the barrel band.

At least one of our sponosr's carries them here.

There is also a lot of other little goodies out there so watch you wallwt and welcome to the madness!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome

So i snag one of these kits, install it, and the bipod (most likely a HBLM model) should slip or clip on the the sling mount/adaptor?

Thanks for the quick response and clarifacation

And wheres Uncle Mike located in Oregon? I live in Eugene. I'd be pretty cool to meet the guy thats helping me out with my first rifle.

Ace

· Registered
733 Posts
Just a tip... I prefer the swivel version of the Harris. It allows you to cant the gun if the legs happen to be on an uneven surface. That part is especially nice if you've extended the legs out manually to adjust for height quickly - you then don't have to have the leg lengths exact to get a horizontal hold. The swivel model is worth the extra $10 or so, IMHO.

If you keep the stock, add a swivel stud. If you end up changing the stock, you'll go with a stud anyway. I wouldnt' spend the bucks on an adapter for the barrel band (- hate that thing) as you'll probably dump that anyway.

Welcome aboard. Get that checkbook handy, 'cuase you're gonna be moddin' that gun lilke an addict.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses and warm welcomes guys.

Looking around at all the modifacations possible with the 10/22 Ive decided to go with a Hogue stock and .920 barrel for my first mods. It'll probably end up being down the road becuase the stock and barrel would cost more then the actual gun itself but I definatly like the look of the Hogue stocks and the increase in accuracy from a .920 barrel would be worth it.

Im just gunna stick with all the stock stuff first just to get a feel for it then start spending all my money to make it look HSLD

Ace

· Registered
2,523 Posts
The Uncle Mike's Kit

Aces21,

The Uncle Mike's Adapter kit comes with the front, back and barrel band studs. I am not a big fan of the barrel band swivel stud but I did find it was use helpful when determining the exact location for the front stud-before you make a permanent drill hole. The kit is about the same price as the other swivels out there and the front one that is included is shorter than most and works nicely given that the carbine stock doesn't have all that much wood to use for depth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.