Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the rest of you as well. Retirees good fortune is rubbing off!! I just shot my first 250 this afternoon:) :) :) Started out by getting warmed up on a new (to me) Win 75 that's needing some shaking out, then broke out the Win 52C and proceeded to knock out a 250 with 15 x's. I'm about as happy as I can be. Thanks for all of the info provided on the forum.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Frank: Whoa there partner! Good shooting. Keep 'em all X's and keep that smile on your face!

P.S. That was a 250 at 250 yards wasn't it?

.... Retiree

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Great shooting Frank! May it be the first in a line of one!:D Haha!

Naw, just kidding Frank, Once you break the 250 barrier it seems like they come a little easier. Guess its the fact that once you know that you and your rifle can do it. The confidence level kicks into over-drive and you settle down....

Congrats!!! JL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. JL I know what you mean, I followed it with another 250 two days later. Not as many X's though. I think I'm getting the hang of these wind flags. It makes a person feel pretty good.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sweeeeeet! One of the guys down here in Sandy Eggo has a bone stock Win 52 and he let me shoot it for a 250 last month. Was very impressed by how well the gun shot.

Oh yeah, the beat goes on. CA will soon have 2 teams shooting 1,000's. Life is good. :cool: GG

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GG, thanks. I kind of favor the oldies but goodies. Just found a Win 75 that needed a new home. It's going to serve dual purpose for my son in the 4-H postal matches as well. It's biggest plus is being significantly lighter for him in the 3 position shooting than the 52. Ran a couple of boxes through it and it looks promising. Right now its having its trigger tweaked. Hope its back in time for this months matches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.