Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about these two tools, and I am very interested in the idea of making more accurate 22LR ammo. However, I don't only use my gun only for target shooting - I use it to hunt too, and I want something that is not only going to give me good accuracy, but also good killing power. Most of what I shoot with this gun are considered varmints of one sort or another (starlings, gophers, etc.), but I may use it to pop the occasional edible rabbit. Because I want to have the most accurate hunting ammo available, I am leaning towards the Accu'rzr/Nastinose combo, so I can make accurate, explosive hollowpoints, but I am not certain. Anyone have any opinions or useful input that will help me to make my decision? Thanks in advance for your advice.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Loki,
I've got a "Accu'rze/nastinose" and I like it a LOT. I will tell you though, in some cases it does hurt the accuracy in my rifles. The Nastinose makes a WICKED HP, even out of a solid such as Wolf MT.
Paul

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
In my CZ, my score with Aguila SE standard velocity dropped CONSIDERABLY @ 25 yards. Now RWS SSHP's improved some as did Win Xpert and Aguila SSS. (your results may vary)
Paul

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
In my experience, the point of impact (POI) of reformed (acu'rzred/nastinosed) fodder changes, compared side-by-side with the un-altered ammo.

And yes, when this happens @ 25 m it seems disconcerting.

In my rimfires the POI moves higher when the ammo is reformed w/#4 die, but the group is tighter.

This is achieved after the sorting with a Neil Jones RF Gauge.

Un-sorted ammo does not group in a satisfactory way.

As a general rule of thumb, the cheaper fodder improves with reforming (as well as some "expensive" Eley, an exception that seems to confirm the rule), while the properly made but pricey stuff doesn't.

You know when you've got the right stuff if it measures practically @ the same # rim size, when run through a gauge. Leave it as it is. Unless it is Eley Pistol Match, I don't reform any RWS, Lapua or Eley 10X.

Paco's tool works wonders with the bulk packs, when cost and/or availability are an issue.

Crete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.