Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so the other day i pulled apart my receiver to do the auto bolt release mod and then after watching a few videos and reading over some things i got it all put back together, i didnt get a chance to test the auto release until today when i was pulling apart again because of new parts coming for me, and when pulling back on the bolt handle it paused about half way through the pull then went back all the way

i took everything apart and pushed the hammer down to the "cocked" position then pulled the trigger, and voila...the hammer didnt return and therefore the action spring came off the hammer, making it have to get reset back into its little slot on the hammer

when i put everything back together i put the twisted end of the return spring down inside the receiver and it rested on the top side of the bolt release, while the other side of the spring rested under pin that holds the bolt release, is this correct?

·
34,843 Posts
I would like to help you but what you are saying make not sense.

There are five springs in the trigger assembly. Front to back:

The magazine plunger spring.

The bolt release spring. This is the spring that rides on the side of the hammer and pushes the bolt lock down.

The hammer spring. This is the spring that drives the hammer forward.

The disconnector spring. Tiny spring between trigger and disconnector.

And the trigger reset spring.This is the little spring behind the trigger pushing it forward.'

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you are doing this with the trigger assembly out of the gun , this will happen. Also not a good idea too let the hammer smack down on the ejector or the ejector pin. If you want to drop the hammer to check trigger pull or function while the trigger group is out of the gun , put your thumb against the hammer while your pulling the trigger(I mean right up against it, or it will whack the hell out of your thumb).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to help you but what you are saying make not sense.

There are five springs in the trigger assembly. Front to back:

The magazine plunger spring.

The bolt release spring. This is the spring that rides on the side of the hammer and pushes the bolt lock down.

The hammer spring. This is the spring that drives the hammer forward.

The disconnector spring. Tiny spring between trigger and disconnector.

And the trigger reset spring.This is the little spring behind the trigger pushing it forward.'
ok i guess i confused it a bit......and honestly not sure what is wrong now, doesnt seem to have anything to do with the springs....i assembled everything back together after messing with it and everything seemed to work just fine until i locked the bolt and then pulled back on it to release it, after i do that the bolt has the "pause" while pulling back on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.