Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cAN Anyone please tell me about halographic sights for the 10-22,are they available,who makes them what cost.and most of all how do they perform :confused:

·
Registered
10,790 Posts
All kinds, all kinds of sources, all price ranges.

I hate to tell you that, but it's true. I have a BSA red dot that works just fine. Paid $30 for it. The base screws stripped out because they were aluminum though. DOH!

Eotech
OKO
Aimpoint
ATN
Trijicon ACOG

The cost? How much do you want to spend? Anything from the $30 BSA to well over a grand for the ACOG's. They work great. Choose one with a wide brightness range so you can still see it in bright light. You will need to decide on which reticle... a dot... a dot in a circle... a chevron...

There are just tons and tons of choices. If you just want a red dot scope to check out whether you would like one or not, get a cheap one like the BSA and if you want more, move up to the OKO or the EOTech or Aimpoint.

·
Registered
513 Posts
most sighting systems will mount to some type of base. either ********* or Weaver. as long as you have the base you can mount the sight. Holosights are not weapon specific. they will mount to any gun with the proper base.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Deer_Slayer said:
I got that $30 BSA Red BLOB site yesterday and took it back. Boy was that a piece of crap. Does any1 know if the Bushnells trophy red dot is any better?
Are those BSA red dot (BLOB as you describe them) really that bad? I was planning on putting one of those on my door knob holder of a 9mm carbine. Are they unshootable or not good enough for a decent gun? All I want is to have a way to aim quickly, not necessarily accurately.

·
Registered
85 Posts
check out the bushnell holo sight. same thing as eotech but without the protective cover, and a lot cheaper.

A red dot sight and a holographic sight are not the same thing. holosights are expensive to make work right, so you will not find a lot of "cheap" holographic sights. cheapest i've seen starts at around $200.
good luck

·
Registered
490 Posts
A holographic sight works by illuminating a holograph imprinted on a lense with a laser. The Bushnell holosight and the Eotech version of it are the only true holograhpic sights I know of. The advantages are supposedly parallax free, better quality of aiming dot or ring, intechangeable holographs on the first version, and the ability to have different kinds of recticles. These are very high quality sights.

A red dot sight has a mirror with red coating on it used as a lense. A red diode inside the sight is pointed at the lense resulting in a dot you can see. Some sights have changeable dot sizes and different recticle selection. Some red dot sights are good quality, a lot of them are junk. If WalMart sells one for less than $30 it can't be too much. Take something made in China, get it over here, go thru at least one wholesaler, and then the retailer and it can still be sold that cheap. How good could it be? What was the cost to manufactor, $5 maybe?

The red dot sights I've had good luck with are not in order but, The Aimpoint, some Tascos Japanese made, Leupold/gilmore, Weaver, Cmore for pistols, some Bushnells, Doctor if not put on something with recoil. Probably some I've forgoten it's late. Bottom line is if you see a sight with lot's of options and a cheap price it's probably junk.

A rifle or pistol with a good red dot sight is a lot of fun and can be fast and accurate. It will also shorten the learning curve for a new shooter although I think we all should learn how to use iron sights.

Ross

·
Registered
105 Posts
Take a look at Hakko. Some will say that their scopes are junk. I have several of their Holo sights and they are very nice. All metal construction well built. I have them on AR's and a 22 pistol. They make two versions, a BED24 and BED35, the latter being newer and smaller. Both should be able to be had for a fair bit under $200. If you cannot find any good pics of them email me and I will send some on what I have mounted. Also, if you like them and cannot find them for a decent price let me know and I will let you know what I can find. I know the larger ones are available but the smaller ones hav been on backorder.

CHZ

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Hakko sights are not holographic sights, only the Busnell Holosight and the Eotech are. Hakko makes scopes and red dots for lot's of companies to whatever qualitity standard they want. They have some gimmicks but they aren't anything I would recommend.

Ross

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
EOTech makes the Holosight for Bushnell. I don't know of anyone making a true Holosight other than EOTech, maybe someone else does. I have an EOTech 552 sight mounted on a 10-22 that is a great combo. It is too large for the 10-22, however. I think the EOTech 511, or the Bushnell version, would be a better sight for the 10-22. Mine is a sight designed for militay applications, like the main battle rifles of various Armies throughout the World. Poland just ordered several thousand for their use. The 552 I have is night vision compatible, and sits much higher than the 511 or the Bushnell. EOTech is in the process of delivering a new model that will be even lower than the 511, or the Bushnell, that will be available around August of this year. Cabela's has them shown in their latest catalog.
The Bushnell and 511 use two "N" cells for power, and mine uses two "AA" batteries. Batteries last a long time as the current draw is very low.
I just love mine, big as it is. The reticle projection is set for 50 yards so there is zero parallax at that distance. You can adjust the intensity of the reticle image so you get a very fine aiming point with the small red dot in the center of the red circle. I played with different ammo to see what the rifle liked, and Wolf MT was the winner, hands down. It will shoot around 3/4" at 50 yards, at least that's what I got the only time I shot it. Maybe I can do better with practice. There is no magnification with the sight, so it's like using iron sights, but on a better scale. My eyes aren't like they once were, but the sight takes out all of the problems associated with aligning a front and rear iron sight, so I find it very easy to use.
Don

·
Registered
981 Posts
I know these have a bad rep as far as thier scopes go , but I bought a NCstar which appears to be a holo sight . 69.00 and so far I have had it on a 10/22 and then a MKII Govt. Model and it has held up great so far , accuracy is great too . On the 10/22 I had no problems with keeeping a fat ragged hole at twentyfive yds across the hood of a truck and is doing likewise on the pistol .
As for the real holo , my uncle has the bushnell compact on his Single Six HMR and has no problem shooting 2-2.5" groups at fifty yds . I have shot the pistol and I think it is a great sight also .
claketyclak

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.