Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Halfway decent gun show

431 10
In my quest for a bit of fitness, and also so I wouldn't spend any money, I rode my bicycle to a local gun show today. I was mostly pleasantly surprised.

Most of the centerfire guns were pretty decently priced. The prices seemed to be in line pretty much with my frugal thoughts.

Th HiPoints were going in the $150 range, pretty much the same, the Mosins were right at $100 bucks, the M&P compacts were around$500.

However, since this is a rimfire forum, I must sadly report a (fairly nice) Nylon 66MB at around $289, a couple of old bolt .22s I saw(don't remember the brands) were what I would consider overpriced. I also saw a couple of the GSGs in sequential serial numbers. Had to buy them both apparently, at $1500 or so for the pair.
Scopes that I can buy on the 'Net for about 1/2 of what the sellers were asking.

Still, I got to fondle stuff all in one place. I really have my eye on a Walther PPS. They feel a bit top heavy empty.

Gunshow guys hate me.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry JG.:bang: .. I found out about it when I was at Dunham's in Warsaw on Saturday. Nope, chim, no such luck. I would have packed that back home some way if it would have happened.

I did see a bulk pack of Winchester ammo I hadn't seen before. The box was marked 333. Not sure what that was.

·
Premium Member
30,507 Posts
As I was starting to read your first line the thought running through my head was "Oh NO - I'll bet he found a terrific deal on case lots of ammo, and he's on a bike"...............chim
That would be my luck:D.
Around here I quit going to gun shows except for the December Crossroads of the West show that has the SAR show with it. Every other gun show has become a waste of time. By the time you pay for admission, parking and then look at all of the junk it is just frustrating. Years ago there were good deals to be had, anymore you can find better deals on the internet.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Gunshow guys hate me.[/QUOTE]

I KNOW THE FEELING!!!!!!!!!!
they don't like to see me either:eek:

cause i know most of them in this district.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jcwit, you would be correct.

I didn't buy any beef jerky, but prior discussions here about that subject made me grin when the jerky salesman offered one of the browsers a sample. No beanies. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.