Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss's husband passed recently and we got to talking about her kids. She said she wanted to take her teenage son shooting sometime, but unfortunately the gun safe is locked and she doesn't know the combination.

That is the moment I realized that I don't have too many .22s; I'm actually a hero who has been waiting for the right emergency.

On Saturday my wife and I are going to meet her and her two kids at the local range. Should be fun!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
My boss's husband passed recently and we got to talking about her kids. She said she wanted to take her teenage son shooting sometime, but unfortunately the gun safe is locked and she doesn't know the combination.

That is the moment I realized that I don't have too many .22s; I'm actually a hero who has been waiting for the right emergency.

On Saturday my wife and I are going to meet her and her two kids at the local range. Should be fun!
If you have a Gun Safe dealer in your local area, ie. Liberty, etc... not a big box store that sells gun cabinets, they can generally either open the safe for you or recommend a professional locksmith that can open it without damaging the safe.

Nolan

·
Administrator
23,674 Posts
If you have a Gun Safe dealer in your local area, ie. Liberty, etc... not a big box store that sells gun cabinets, they can generally either open the safe for you or recommend a professional locksmith that can open it without damaging the safe.

Nolan
:yeahthat:

But the number is definitely stashed or concealed somewhere.

PIN numbers for my credit cards are disguised as phone numbers in my phone's contact list.

Neighbor who is getting up there in years asked me to take control of and dispose of his guns for the benefit of his sister should he wake up dead one day. I disguised his safe combo as a phone number and pinned it to the bulletin board in this room.

Look around for a while before you call the pro.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Get the serial number off the safe and call the manufacturer of the safe they will give the combo or the key to your local locksmith cost me 50 bucks
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Had my combo written on a floor joist in the basement. After many years (around 40 years) it disappeared. Called Sentry Safe and they were able to give me the number based on the safe serial number on the back. Cost me $25.00 but worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,216 Posts
PIN numbers for my credit cards are disguised as phone numbers in my phone's contact list.

Neighbor who is getting up there in years asked me to take control of and dispose of his guns for the benefit of his sister should he wake up dead one day. I disguised his safe combo as a phone number and pinned it to the bulletin board in this room.
Sophia

More good ideas for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I feel like everyone is missing the real point here: I have enough guns for everyone. I finally found a reason for owning a half dozen .22s.
You need that pat on the back for justifying having multiple .22 rifles and flying in to the rescue for your boss?

Relax, I'm just messing with you. It does feel good when you can help someone out because you enjoy your hobby.

Now, help the widow out with her safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel like everyone is missing the real point here: I have enough guns for everyone. I finally found a reason for owning a half dozen .22s.
My X was a world class shooter and told me I only needed one gun. We had about 150 high $ match guns. But, her full statement was, "You only need one gun. I'll take the rest off your hands." :D
She- Intl DX badge #317, me- DX #586 and Presidents 100

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You need that pat on the back for justifying having multiple .22 rifles and flying in to the rescue for your boss?

Relax, I'm just messing with you. It does feel good when you can help someone out because you enjoy your hobby.

Now, help the widow out with her safe.
I left some critical details out. She says her brother in law had to get the safe opened some years back; she just hasn't had the time/energy to ask him about it.

I'd have done better not to mention the safe. I should have known how this group would respond to the thought of a grieving widow being separated from her rimfires!

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
I am happy to read about your adventure to the shooting range with some young people. Hopefully they will go with you often and enjoy it enough to carry over to the next generation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I should have known how this group would respond to the thought of a grieving widow being separated from her rimfires!
I wasn't making light of your personal situation...only your seeming need for a pat on the back.

You did a good thing for those kids and it means more that you're unable to have kids.

What if there's more in that safe than just a few rimfires? I know I store a lot more in my safes than just firearms.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts