Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Put a tang sight on my son's Golden Boy and it works great. Much better for my 53 year old eyes than the open sights.

I think the H001 would handle and point even better because of its stock/sight lines (the Henry is kind of "bent").

I also have a 39A with a Williams receiver sight and it really points well, I would assume the shorter H001 would be even nicer.

The tang sight cost $60 and a lot of hassle mounting it. Here's a foto and details:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92461&highlight=tang+sight

·
Registered
103 Posts
tang

They make a tang sight for the h001 but the **** thing cost 50% the price of the gun. Now with optics that doesn't bother me. You get what you pay for with glass. With the tang there is no lens to worry about its gnat's *** perfection. Yet still when the time permits I will go against my instincts and buy one for my Henry. It looks a lot better on the lever gun then a scope. I can't shoot open sights.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I have an H001T and would like to mount a Marble's tang sight on it. Anyone know if there is a specific model #? Has anyone found that the front sight needed to be replaced with a taller one after installing a tang sight?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.