Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any H&R .22 Magnum fans/owners out there? I recently bought one to go with my 597 Magnum. Seems to be a superb rifle. Still breaking it in but presently it likes the CCI Gold Dot 50gr the best. Getting 1" - 1 1/2" groups at 100yrds using a bull bag and 3x9x40 Simmons.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
G'day MWFletcher! I use to own a H&R 22mag and I wish i still did but my local gunshop decided that it was cheaper to give me a new one in a stirling as the ejector broke and they said it was too dear to fix it. My 22mag would only shoot accurately with the Remington "Premiers". I now have a H&R in 17hmr on order and once i get hold of it i will be getting the H&R in 223rem.God bless understanding wifes especially when they tell you to go for it.Do you plan on using your 22mag on paper or varmints? Haven't had the opportunity to use the federal ammo as a variety of ammo is scarce here in Australia.Good luck with the 22mag and good hunting to you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Aussievarminter!

Good to hear from you! Well I spent my third day at the range sighting in and breaking in my H&R. I've shot about 300 rounds through it and have tried all the ammo (Winchester Supreme 34gr, CCI TNT 30gr, Federal Sierra 30gr, CCI Gold Dot 50gr, Federal 50gr, CCI JHP 40gr, Winchester JHP 40gr and Remington Premier 33gr). I know I previously said it liked the CCI 50gr best but now that I've got it broken in, it really likes the Remington Premiers to. I'm glad because my Remington 597 loves these. It's nice to only have to keep one brand to hunt with. By the way, mine is the H&R Ultra Mag with beautiful cinnamon colored laminated wood and bull barrel. Is this what you had? They are awsome. Well thanks for replying and have a good day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.