Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there a forum member whose specialty is H&R's? I have a .22 top break that I can not ID. Brief description:

Top break.
Double action.
High-luster blue finish @ 99.9%.
Color case hardened hammer.
6 Inch barrel.
7 shot.
.22 Rimfire on the left side of the barrel.
Harrington & Richardson / Worchester, Mass. on the barrel top flat rib.
Black two-piece plastic grips with the target emblem.
Serial # 465***.
No transfer bar safety.

And I know pictures are very important and I can take & post some if necessary.

Many thanks.

· Registered
25 Posts
If you run a search for "h&r .22 7 shot revolver," on Duck duck go, you get links to this forum,

and a number of auctions for the 7 shot models.

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The H&R described in my original post is a H&R Premier Model 30, 7th Variation,Mfg. 1925-1942.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory
Font Rectangle Gas Electric blue Signage
Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Gas Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Liquid Water Gas

· Registered
710 Posts
I like these long barreled break top pistols, must be that they go beck to the old Scofields of the Cowboy days. My 22 pistols consist of Ruger Standard, Mark II targets and a couple of NAA minis. I would jump on one of these at a fair price in a minute!

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like these long barreled break top pistols, must be that they go beck to the old Scofields of the Cowboy days. My 22 pistols consist of Ruger Standard, Mark II targets and a couple of NAA minis. I would jump on one of these at a fair price in a minute!
The almost like new condition of the H&R caused me to pounce on it without pause. This model was manufactured from 1925 to 942. I found out that it is a Model 70, 7th Variation.

· Registered
256 Posts
Nice one!

One tip...

ALWAYS lift up on the latch when you close the gun -- and not just when opening it -- as that will help keep the frame to barrel lockup nice and tight. The older H&Rs cannot handle being "slammed open & shut" like the English Webley can (as that one has a more robust locking mechanism).

I'd keep Stingers out of it too...

Old No7

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one!

One tip...

ALWAYS lift up on the latch when you close the gun -- and not just when opening it -- as that will help keep the frame to barrel lockup nice and tight. The older H&Rs cannot handle being "slammed open & shut" like the English Webley can (as that one has a more robust locking mechanism).

I'd keep Stingers out of it too...

Old No7
Thanks for the tip. I've owned & fired a number of Webleys over the years and understand what you mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts