Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first H&R revolver (mostly a Marlin guy). It is a six inch barrel 7 shot but which one. I read most of the other posts about these and the different variations. This one has Harrington & Richardson Arms Co. Worcester. Massachusetts U.S.A. marked on the top of the barrel, and no patent dates. The left side has H&R "PREMIER". The right side is marked 22 Rim Fire yes with a space. The star wheel has a hole in the middle. The serial number is 483027 marked on the frame and under the grips. The cylinder is marked 27 in two places. Yes I know the grips are not the correct ones. Any one help with the correct variation and are there disassembly instructions somewhere. The star wheel shows some significant wear and probably needs to be replaced. The gun is in very good shape and is tight except for the cyclinder not indexing correctly. Thanks Tom
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am beginning to think this is a lunch box gun or made from left over parts. All serial numbers match, except the grips. 7th variation frame, but early cylinder and extractor( no teat). I will keep looking until I know.

· Registered
256 Posts
Those "saw handle" grips were very common on many older H&Rs. As funny as they may appear, they do give a solid hold. I used to have 5 or 6 older H&Rs with those grips. Now if those older H&Rs actually had good sights you could SEE, then you'd have something (sights like those on the Model 999 Sportsman version, I mean).

Enjoy it!

Old No7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts