Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just bought a H&R in 17 cal. I paid $ 129.00 I couldn't resist. Nice little gun for the money. has anybody shot one ? and how's the accuracy ?? If anybody has one please let me know, if it shoots well I'll put a good scope on it !

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have an NEF set up with a night vision scope, and I set up an NEF for my Brother-in-Law with a 3-9 Bushnell.
Both guns are excellent shooters. Even the triggers are decent.

I am constantly hearing from my Brother-in-Law about how impressed ALL his friends are. They want me to make all their guns 'shoot like Charlie's'!

Good Luck,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Bob, how far up in the state are you ??
I'm glade to hear your H&R is shooting so well. I have a VQ. in 17 I think I'm going to sell it ! All I need is one good shot, I'm really impressed with the quality of the H&R 22" bull barrel, target crown, excellent trigger, it feels great when you shoulder it.
And all for $129.00 you just can't beat it!! My VQ. james as much as my Ruger that realls su**s. H&R all the way:)

Bud

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am near Holland Bud. Where are you?

Never had a VQ rifle, but I bet they WILL make it right for you.
As to your other (jamming) Ruger...what is it? What troubles are you having?

I attempted a couple Ruger Semi-Auto conversions to 17HMR myself last year.
One is still working fine, and for the other, I finally gave up. I sold the Ruger semi-auto, bought a 96/22Mag, and just stuck the Lilja 10/22>17HMR barrel on it....Worked Great the first time, and still does!

Best 'o Luck,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitely Worth It!!!!!

I bought one back in January, and love it has a good trigger.
For the $$$$$ I do not believe you can beat it. Especially since some of the more expensive .17 's I've seen shoot do not group as good, but hey this is just my limited knowledge because I've only seen two others shoot. I'm hearing alot about targets exploding like crows,where did they get hit at cause have shot a couple and it just punched a little whole through them. Yardage was 75 to 115 give or take a step.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.