Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I received my 10/22 Bolt Tool from Joe "Gunsmither" Beary and just tried it out:

Its easy to use.
Its reasonably priced.
It relieves an annoying task.
I'm a satisfied customer.

Joe........thanks for the quick/personal service.

Ohcsim

PS...Sure, we're mostly handy-types who could copy this tool with a little time/effort. Give the guy a couple-of-bucks and ALL the credit for offering this neat little tool. It works well. Think of it as a small investment in mental-health. Saves on Bandaids too!

Ohcsim

·
Registered
954 Posts
:) Thanks Ohcsim. Glad you like it! I've alway's been a "Tool Nut", I guess; can't help myself. I'm always designing and improving things, especially for guns, and tools for gunsmithing. Can't leave anything alone!

Somebody once told me when I was a youngin' - " If you give a lazy man a hard job, he'll figure out an easy way to do it" ! I guess I'm a lazy man! Safe shootin! Joe :cool:

·
Premium Member
Gunsmithing 10/22's and 77/22"s since 1994 Phone 1-860-343-0552
1,329 Posts
Gunsmither... Yes sir, Here you will, sooner or later, get a knife in your back... I use your tool, I like it, trouble is it does work too well... So someday, someone, a hero, will describe how "to make your own at home" and screw Gunsmither out of a few dollars... It happen to me, HERE... For about 6 months cheapo's on this board kept asking for description and photos of my forward anti-slack screw in my 10/22 trigger job so they can copy it... (Its that free thing)... People that payed for the CPC trigger job did not respond... So another RFC advertiser, Clyde Gatewood, got a barreled action with a CPC trigger job sent to him for stock fitting, he copied the forward screw and posted pictures on his website... You never know what hand holds a knife, (its just not going to be mine)...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like to make stuff myself but it really has to be something that I can make much cheaper, much better or something that no one else makes.

Joe made a great little tool here and priced it very reasonably. It wouldn't pay to go out, buy the stuff to make it and try to copy it, especially when gas is approaching $2 a gallon!

Great little tool, Joe. Worked great!

Another happy customer,

Dave D

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says : Randy = good point .
Gotta watch yer back - or someone else will copy and claim credit. If you " give " them the idea . You might aswell figure
you " gave it " away.
TOOLS " Specialty" well , I assure you I will buy before I make
or try to make a duplicate.
Same fer machine work = If you are not certain =
Send it to Randy CPC - Save replacing blotched parts , and
sleep better.

Good xample = Chief HUMMM! 80% complete Tannery receiver.

Now , Expecting UPS in the afternoon. I made ready my work area. consisting of Hammer , Anvil , Assorted knives , punches
" ya know - everyday leatherman tools "
Here comes the UPS guy , hands me this box -containing a chunk
of metal.
Now what am I gonna do with this. It aint got nothin to do with
" leatherwork " Why the h*ll do they call it

TANNERY ? more later.
CD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.