Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else here listed a gun on GB and it doesn't show up in a search but other peoples ads do that have less description and keywords? drives me crazy i have a nice 146b for sale and if you type mossberg .22 it will not show in a search , if you type mossberg 146 it will not show in a search you either have to type mossberg .22LR OR mossberg 146b exactly . now the kicker is there are a few 146b-a models that show up with a simple mossberg 146 search and there is nothing in their ads that i don't have in mine as far as keywords. , i have "mossberg, .22 ,.22lr , bolt action , tube fed, etc" and still it is hard to find it meanwhile other guns like mossy 144 show up with just a "mossberg .22 search" what am i doing wrong i need to give it the most exposure possible because if it doesn't sell this time around i am keeping it. It is hard enough to part with in the first place but to have to keep re listing it is killing me . any help would be greatly appreciated as to how to give your add the best chance to show up in all searches .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Go to "Gunbroker" home page, on the left scroll down and choose "rifle". When "rifles" page comes up type in "Mossberg". You'll get all 5 or 6 pages of mossberg rifles without the bother of all those model 500 shotguns. As of right now there were only 2 listed, a 146B and a 146B a. You can narrow the search once you get the Mossberg rifles page by typing in Mossberg plus the specific model # and check the 3 boxes below the search box.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Must be the space

When I search with Mossberg 146B your rifle comes up alone ... When I search with Mossberg 146 B. I find two Mossbergs but not yours.. It must be the space between 146 and the B .. I tried searching with Mossberg only and found your rifle in the list ..
If possible edit your listing and leave a space between 146 and the B...When I use Gunbrokers Smart Search and click Partial match logic I get better results...:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks rockinb that's a more efficient way of searching for myself i hope everybody does it that way . but it still bothers me that you can type in mossberg .22 in the search box and not get all mossberg .22's what makes some pop up and not others you know what i mean because you are losing potential buyers if they are not very familiar with searching for guns on these auction places or familiar with certain mossberg models .

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had to use a 'wild card' search when I was looking for a bolt for a 146b-a. It's Mossberg 14*, it brings up all mossbergs with 14(something) in the listing. Otherwise you miss the 146b (no space) if you search 146 or miss other variations it you only search 146b-a. It's a matter of either refining/narrowing or broadening your search, and hoping the buyers know this. It's best to use a broad set of term/keywords, mossberg, bolt, 146, 146b, .22m 22, etc. During my search for a 146 bolt I used mossberg 14*, mossberg 146, mossberg 146b, mossberg 146 b, mossberg bolt and mossberg 22. Not easy but finally got one, a t-handle, and have a fine rifle now. I know not correct for a B-a but looks cool, and works.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
yeah i like them "T" handles myself i got a 146b , 144, and a 142a they definatley give that double take feature from people at the range.
I only need the 144 to complete my t-handle collection. Hopefully I can find one when I have the money. :bthumb:

·
Banned
966 Posts
I find your 146B everytime I search, Mott. I still cannot believe it hasn't sold!! I have been tossing in a silly bid, because I find it easier than using the watchlist when I want to track a item. I hope you know it is in no way a reflection on the value of the rifle.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see your 146B is about to find a new home. Congrats!! Please make the new owner aware of this band of Mossketeers!!
yep thanks but i think he already knows he is a repeat customer lol and he has the addiction as bad as anu of us lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gunbroker has a weird Search Engine that doesn't pick up certain things. For example, if you have a gun listed under "Mossberg, 146b, .22LR"

and one types in Mossberg, 146b, .22, the search engine won't pick it up. To the machine, it's like the difference between "and" and "stand", "and is IN "stand" but since there are extra characters, it doesn't pick it up. It's like the difference between "**" and "****". Kind of annoying when trying to single out those mossbergs, isn't it? ;)

Like previously said, go to the homepage and click "rifle" under "firearms" and then just type in mossberg. You have to filter through more new guns, but you won't miss any of those old mossy's. :D

·
Registered
11,245 Posts
thanks rockinb that's a more efficient way of searching for myself i hope everybody does it that way . but it still bothers me that you can type in mossberg .22 in the search box and not get all mossberg .22's what makes some pop up and not others you know what i mean because you are losing potential buyers if they are not very familiar with searching for guns on these auction places or familiar with certain mossberg models .
Mott you can narrow it by selecting "bolt" / Semi /etc. if your looking for a certain action Mossberg:t --JMJ--

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.