Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Neos, Colt Cadet copy!

Yes 38Super it certainly appears that Beretta copied the late Colt
Cadet .22. The grip and sub frame as well as controls all are the
same. As you are, I'm still waiting for the DLX version, however my dealer now indicates Beretta may be dropping the Neos due to poor sales.

Carl in PA

Smith & Wesson K-22
Ruger Comp. Target
Walther P-22

·
Registered
163 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. Poor sales my A**.
Beretta's New Space Handgun - The U22 NEOS
by Paco Kelly
photography by Paco Kelly

May 10th, 2003
Its sales have been very impressive, even though it looks a little too "spacey ...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even though it looks a little too "spacey
Besides the hand fit, 'spacey looks' may be what is selling this product. Some controls could be positioned a little better, but it's a fun gun that shoots very well. Several owners have used their
'fun guns' at local falling plate matches. I'd like to see a USPSA 22RF Class for junior and new shooters. Heck, the Real Steel Challenge promoters have a Rimfire Class with prize table and trophy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Poor sales? Poor sales????

Our area dealers can't keep them in stock. Many have backorders. I personally know of 8 people within 15 miles of home who have bought one in the last 6 months. My favorite shop has sold 25 since January 1. Can't think of any other gun with such an avid response.

More likely the dealer wants to sell something more expensive, or he can't get one and his competitors are eating his lunch.:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
?

Isn't this the same person that "ordered" the DLX and has never gotten it? Why would you put money down on a gun that isn't even in production yet?

So now they are tired of waiting, get P.O. and now have to slam Beretta?

Isn't this the same person or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Same Person

SpeedwayRN

Yes, I am the same person that ordered the DLX in March. I'm not slamming Beretta, as my shooting buddies call me a Beretta Fanatic, however when I ordered my DLX ,the Beretta Tech. Rep. indicated the DLX would be released early June, now after my last post my local dealer indicated his Beretta distributor said " sixty to ninety days"
Again, I'm not slamming Beretta but am disappointed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Same Person

skoda said:
ordered my DLX ,.....Beretta distributor said " sixty to ninety days"
I sure would like to see on of the DLX models, and the carbine. Count me in when they show. Until then, it's back to the range with what I have.

Don't give up hope, just shoot the tar out of the standard Neos until Beretta comes around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
regarding the simalaities to the colt. i have the colt target(6") and they are so alike. the neos is lighter, the way they fit your hand is the same, the neos magazines work in the colt but they stick out just a bit at the bottom, the colt mags dont seem to "latch" when you insert them. the trigger is better on the colt but then again i have 5000+ rounds. so i guess its broken in alot more, im still working on the trigger mods for the neos, still having trouble with the screw.....both guns are fun to shoot and my son and i have a great time competeing with each other...then switch guns and do it again....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi 38.

I'm surprised Colt didn't bark at this. Or maybe Beretta bought some design rights.

For those of you still trying to deal with "The Screw": Go out and buy the very best -HARD- screwdriver you can find, one with a good sized handle. I started with one that had a blade width wider than the screw head, but its thickness was right for the slot. I ground just a bit, cooled, then ground again until I had eventually attained the proper width. The idea here is to not destroy the blade's temper with too much heat. Then I profiled the end to match the curvature at the bottom of the screw's slot. This slot is apparently cut with a keyway mill - it is NOT flat bottomed like a normal screw. Secure the pistol frame in a padded vise, but do not squash it, then go to work. Mine came out with a great deal of torque, but it was not damaged in any way. Mine had either red loctite or momma's industrial strength pasta sauce on it. When you reassemble it, a very small amount of blue loctite will suffice.

Hope that helps those of you dealing with The Screw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also had trouble getting the screw out. So I called beretta (1-800-636-3420) and ordered a new screw ("firing pin support block screw") for $1.85. Once the screw arrived it was easy to profile a screwdriver to fit the slot.

To combat the red loctite, I stripped the gun down and placed the frame in the freezer over night and then removed the screw. I got this idea by google'ing for "loctite" (they also suggested using a soldering iron to heat the screw but this sounded to risky).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey, 38, if the resourceful and intelligent Neos owners on this forum keep it up . . . . we'll soon be able to advise Beretta on how to do just about anything involving a Neos! Too bad they won't incorporate what they can learn here into an improved version - now THAT would be a serious seller. Still, its fun to tune this little shooter, ain't it? :D

I think Beretta should spring for the donuts at the next NSA meeting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.