Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
it can but you have to file the peaned area on the rod that keeps it from coming apart. I pull everything back and secure it back with some soft jawed vice-grips. then I file off the bulges that the peaned spot caused. then carefully remove the grips and allow the parts to slip off. get ready to catch the parts or the rod. :D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You have to file the peened end down to get it off.Watch when you let the tension off or you'll loose the little slide thingy.Slow

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I don't.Just be careful and it'll go in and stay.After you do it a couple of times,it's easy to get in and out.Slow

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just read the thread about reassembling the guide rod . . .
I'm the one who had that problem with the guide rod!

I've been trying to get my rod "round" again below where the crimp "was." When I tried it with the "shorter" travel distance caused by my imprecise "whacking," my bolt wouldn't close all the way. Until now I have tried unsuccessfully to re-whack it round. Its a good thing I'm not trying to make a living as a blacksmith!

I appreciate Que and Slowhanddd's comments to your thread. Duh, I never thought of "filing" it round. That should be easier!

·
Registered
720 Posts
The rod is soft metal so you can take a file to smooth the crimp enough to remove the bolt handle. You can then chuck it up in a drill and and smooth it with fine emery cloth and then polish it with steel wool. You can drill a small hole close to the end for holding things together with a paper clip if you like. Mine was quite rough and had a deep ridge in the middle. The polishing made a differance but I now use the one that came with the P/C Ti bolt handle. Can't have too many spare parts.
Billy

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I like about this site, questions get answered!! :t Good luck with that rod Bruce.

Got everything back together and tried the bolt release mod as well. It's amazing how taking that trigger group apart several times helps in getting it back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.