Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are running a rimfire benchrest league here in Sault Ste. Marie on Tuesday evenings. And: I haven’t reported scores from those matches: Just the scores from our E-Mail Match last Sunday. Figured I would post them later if needed because a league score was higher than his or her E-Mail Match score.

Anyway (Mmmm - Ahhh) Bill Jones called me this morning and reminded me of a couple of scored I conveniently forgot: 25 yard scored that were shot two weeks ago in our league match.

Bill shot a 250-12x and then a 250-14x. When he got through, I shot a 250-17x.

Well: Bill just could not stand the thought of me beating him and he went back on the bench for a THIRD time, to try to beat me: And he did, with a 250-19x.

Now I’m not one to complain when a guy beats me, and Bill has beat me BAD many times. BUT: I just wanted you guys to know that Bill was shooting Lapua Master L and I was shooting Wolf Match Extra.

I'll post the scores with the details in the 25 yard match thread where they belong, so Mike won't miss them when he gathers up the scores for the final bulletin.

Joe :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Joe
sounds like you two are doing the samething Claybuster and I have been doing for the last two years. Your scores will get better, as you try to beat each other. :D :) :D :) :D
--don't let him post a better score!---

graybeard

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weeeell . . .

OK: I'll tell it. It's a shot story, but I'll make it long.

Last night in our league match: Bill shot a 250-10x. And then he shot a 250-11x and then he shot a 250-14x. While he showing showing off, I was struggling, trying to make Eley Practice shot in my Suhl. Managed a 243-11x in the Two Buck-A- Box Match. I had some Eley Black Box left over from two years ago. Never shot as good as Wolf Match Extra, but I though I would try it. 14x's shouldn't be too hard to beat, Right?

250- 18x.

So Bill just could not STAND that, and he went back on the line and shot a 250-19x. I tried twice more but could not catch him. 250-14 and 250-16.

Anyway, to make this story long: Bill and I and Dave Lahti (Master Dave) shot NRA Bulls Eye Pistol together back in the 1980's. I got em both shootin Rimfire Benchrest now. Well, we got another friend who use to shoot pistol with us. His name of Fred Gregg. Fred was shooting centerfire benchrest with me back in the 1970's. He was a deadly man with a 6mm PPC in those days.

So: Fred doesn't have a rimfire BR rifle (yet) but he is always at our matches. Usually acts as range office. I loaned Fred my Suhl last night and he shot a 250-20x.

Dave Lahti came though with a 250-13x, and that gives the MIchigan Team a tentative score of 1000-70x. We got some more Michigan guys that live below the bridge. We call 'em Trolls, but most of 'em don't have little short legs and green skin. Them guys are sure to push our X count up some. Paul Verhey, where are you? And, how 'bout Dave Fries from Saginaw. Dave reported a 250-9x. Can ya give it another try Dave? Bill and I have used up our 4 tries. We got some more Michigan shooters who have not turned in their scores yet. Two of 'em from the Western Upper Peninsula.

Catch Us Texas . . . :)
Wish them Californian guys were still stoot'in with us.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Michigan guys and Joe H.
The Texas shooters have gotten down to about two shooters, myself and Claybuster. I am shooting in 50/50 matches 3 weekends a month( 15 match targets). Claybuster and mr. fixit are both shooting some 50/50 matches. We have a unlimited match once a month in Llano, where most of the Texans shot for the on-line matches. In the unlimited matches the Texas group we shoot with have 5 of the top nine places. This will probally change, since we got off to an earlier start than some of the better shooters up north, and only your top 12 target scores are counted.

Congrats on the good scores you folks are shooting. :D :) :D

Jim Pollard

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well Joe & Jim,

Maybe I can get a league night going at our club. I proposed last week to make range improvements to creat 8 concrete roofed benches in our range to get IR 50/50 sanctioned. It was approved by the rest of the board. I start dropping trees tomorrow. I cannot wait to shoot USBR scores off good benches, and I know with sanctioned matches going on, local interest will start to grow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.