Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ten

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • More Than Ten

Votes: 1 1.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
36,633 Posts
Spent years as QC Manager with lots of SPC experience. Statistics experts claim that the bigger the number the more accurate the results. They also claim the the mnimum number should be 7. I normally shoot 5 five shot groups before I even BEGIN to trust the results. With my Ruger MKII I shoot 10 shot groups (one magazine) and with a revolver 6 shots because you may have a chamber or two that shoot to different POI and you are fooling yourself if you shoot less than whole cylinder full.

I used to test revolvers one chamber at a time and found that almost all of them have a least 1 chamber that is worse than the others and some of them have one chamber that is just excellent. If you hunt with a revolver you can align best chamber for first shot or at least align it so worst chamber is last shot.

·
36,633 Posts
markdperkins said:
So, if you had shot five times and missed, wouldn't that last shot be best served by the best instead of the worst chamber? :p
Mark my thinking was that if I missed 5 shots in a row the last one would be used at very close range to end my misery!! :D

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want to bias the poll, but...

Without revealing exactly how many shots I put in a group, I like to have at least five groups for comparison. Absolutely I will show off the best of the five, and if I am zeroing I will adjust after each group...but for consistency (and confidence) I prefer multiple samples (er, groups) ..like Vincent said (I think.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.