Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a mark III stainless 5.5" target. I wanted a 22/45, but the mark II were not right for me and the mark III seems even worse. I am looking for some replacement grips to change the grip angle from the mark III to one that points more like a 1911 or sig.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
36,633 Posts
You can't change the angle because it is the frame that makes the angle. If you pull the grip panels off you will see that the frame and grips are all one piece. That was why they made the 22/45...to match the frame/grip angle to the 1911 Colt auto. Sorry for the bad news but.........

WELCOME TO RFC

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
There is a way to change the grip angle by adding one of these Clark aftermarket grips.

(Part# CLK-511) Get that good "1911" feel. These grips are designed to straighten the grip angle to approximate the .45 Colt. They are molded from durable Nylon-impregnated plastic and will fit all Standard, Mk I and Mk II models with A-100 to 1000 on side of frame. Some minor fitting may be required to insure perfect fit and reliable magazine release. Grips may be cut or sanded. - Clark Custom Guns, $ 20.00
These are closeouts and there may not be any more left so you'll have to call them and see if there's any more in stock.

These were also designed to fit the Mark II, but if you've read anything I've posted about Mark III's then you'll know that a MK2 grip can be fitted on a MK3. Just cut a recess under the left hand grip for the magazine release hold down screw.

hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
smpos said:
I will give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any still in stock. For $20 it seems worth a try. Thank you for the picture with the mag release.
You're welcome! I'll even do you one better.

If you're handy with wood then you can make a set like these; I did! (Notice the grip angle is 11.5 degrees just like a 1911.)

Hope this helps!

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried the buckmark and like the grips even less, though i didn't try any aftermarket ones.

Bullseye, would you mind making a simpler set of those for me??? Please with sugar on top???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grips update.

Ordered the grips on Thursday. They came today via usps (Sat.).

A little work had to be done to fit them:
-drilled space for the mag release button and inletted for its retaining screw.
-inletted around the bolt hold open/release mechanism.
-expanded the mag funnel so mags will release.
-drilling holes for the mag release pin on right grip and the key on left grip.

Negatives, three grip screws started to stip due to holes not lining up well with frame. The two halves of the grip dont line up very nicely (but of course what does one expect for $20 and a discontinued item).

Will probably put a hogue handall on it and may install one of those allen wrench take down kits so I dont have to also take of the grips each time I clean it.

Overall, a very functional solution to my issue making it much more pointable for me. Not a bad use for $20 and makes it a bit unique. Cant say I mind spending a bit of time on a Sat. afternoon with a screwdriver, dremel, and a handgun. If I am in good health I will shoot it tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.