Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Grips for 22/45 w/o removable panels

1139 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Rad3144
I was wondering if there were any way to add a set of grips over the stock molded grips on my 22/45. I have used the hogue slip on grip but wanting something I don't have to take off for every cleaning.

Here is a pic of mine with the hogue slip on

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Yeah I did the same for awhile search for Dominic Nataro grip mod, I think his handle is tech teach he has a website too

He makes a grip that goes over the non RP grips, there is a video showing how to drill them in, using the plastic to screw to. Personally I would rather have a bushing as the plastic would eventually wear out IMO. There is another way by using 3m double stick automotive tape. (its what they put those annoying dealer decals on with) that's the method I'm going to use just waiting on them to come in. I believe they are $26

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Dominic Nataro, who posts here as "TechTeach", makes overlay grips for the 22/45 that are functional and easy to install.

Another approach is offered by a poster "Kinghouse" who mills your current receiver grips flat and fits standard 1911 grip bushings and can modify any set of 1911 grip panels to fit your frame.

I've used them both with satisfaction but the Kinghouse approach is a bit nicer in my experience.

Do a search for both and look at the threads and pictures.

· Registered
8,831 Posts
kingshouse's work is WORTH the short wait. Top notch... :bthumb:

· Registered
315 Posts
well im going to wait awhile anyhow, i have dominics grips on order, and ive spent a crap ton of money on the 2245 lately, vcomp, new rear sight, primary arms micro dot, rail, vq sear, vq extractor, sams bushing, couple extra mags..... i think i have blown my hobby budget for the month :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.