Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came into possession of a strange little semi 22 LR that just begs to have a nicer set of grips. It's a TT Olympia (a China? copy of an old Walther target design) that was imported into the country a few years ago. It is without a doubt a gem. It's accurate and has never once malfunctioned in any way, shape or form; not even needing sight adjustment. For $99.95 NIB it's the find of a lifetime. However...the wooden grips, while functional, look like they were made by a kid in a first year shop class. Does anyone know who could make a nice set of wooden grips for this pistol? I realize they'd probably cost as much as I have in it, but hey what the heck...this ones a keeper. Thanks for your help.

Rocky

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rocky while I do make grips it really becomes expensive to do a one off of anything. I might suggest you take the grips square them up some and glue wood blocks to them and reshape to you likeing. Then paint them with a good grade paint. If you want you can send them to me and I will do the glue up for you and you can do the rest.

Mikey T

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Mikey T. Have thought about doing it myself as it doesn't look that difficult being slab sided. Fitting the screw furniture in might be another matter. But gluing them to a piece of wood to begin sounds like it might just give me the edge. Maybe that nice piece of wlanut I've been hording all these years will do the trick. Appreciate your help and idea. Thanks.

Rocky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.