Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i have been reading for a while and finally decided to post.
i recently bought a mark 1 fvt and love it. its my first rimfire and i have not shot my centerfire since. i have shot `a few tight groups at 50 yards and 50 feet but nothing to brag about(not with the numbers i have seen here anyway). i want to be more consistent but i have no cheekweld. i barely have a chinweld. heck i barely have a beardweld. i looked around and found this
http://www.snipercentral.com/karsten.htm
it looks nice but i am not sure. i shoot lefty so that complicates things. i am also worried about drilling holes in my stock. what if it slips? what if the stock is too flimsy? anywho, the gun is more accurate than i am at this point and i aim to fix that. i bought this gun specifically to improve my shooting with iron sights. awfully tempting to put a nice scope on her though.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Those work great in the hard fiberglass stocks. It would probably work ok in the Savage plastic stock, but you would probably need to epoxy some steel bushings through the holes in the stock to keep from crushing it in when you tightened them down. Left handed wouldnt be a problem, just push the bolts through from the other side! There is a few companies that make strap on cheeck pieces, I have one from Smith Enterprise, its black nylon and comes in different thicknesses, they work great and look good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Mark II BV and was having the same problem, hardly any beard weld, lol. I was looking at that setup as well but I really wasn't fussy on drilling 2 holes through my laminate stock. If I had the synthetic stock I would have done it, but I didn't want to do it with the laminate, So, I made my own slip on rig out of fiberglass. It only took a few hours and here are the results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks fellas. i was messing with my stock today and found out that it is hollow and the buttpad gives access to the inner stock. this should make it easy to put some steel bushings in the stock(or pillars if you will) for the thing. on the other hand a nice nylon strapper type would be cool because i could take it off. i think i will get a strap on unit first and check it out. that way if i go with this one i can throw the strap on on one of my milsurps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.