Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

green mountain stinger barrel

1022 7
well i shot my green mountain stinger barrel today at 50 and 100yrds. at first at 50 it would group about an inch with 2 or 3 flyers out of ten shots about 1to2 inches out.then after about 150rnds it started putting ten shot groups in about a 1/2 inch group w/a flyer every 30rnds or so.but no wild flyers like when i started.some of them were in another county.after about 200rnds it would put all of them in a 1/2 to 3/4 inch group consistantly at 50yrds.know 100 is another story. 2inch groups were common i shot one ten shot group that almost went into about 1-1/2. all in all its a decent shooter.its no target gun but if youve ever shot stingers youd know the are not exactly a tack driving round.so the groups i was shootin w/em is pretty good.my gun is a 2000 10/22 w/gm 20inch blued fluted stinger barrel,butler creek varmint stock tasco 2.5-10 varmint/tactical mil-dot scope, the receiver has a rear lug.all enternals are polished,the bolt face is trued and headspace reduced to .043 and thats all i have to say about that.later Bently
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me too!

I just shot mine this weekend too, for the first time. I shot only at 100 yds and ended up with satisfactory results for the moment. It was a windy day, I had not shot in quite some time, my scope is a Bushnell 3-9 with no focus adjustment so I can see the horrible parallax problem, and I still shot some halfway decent groups. I will post some pictures of the targets soon. I only shot about 90 rnds and the groups seemed to shrink all through those 90, maybe the barrel was getting broke in a little, maybe I was just getting more consistant, maybe it was the wind, I don't know. But I am happy with it for now!

--Dan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heres the targets

These are the targets I shot on my first day out with the new stinger barrel. I went ahead and shot 10 rd groups, 1 magazine full for each target at 100 yds. About 15 rds to roughly zero the scope, 7 10 round groups. While these groups aren't that great, I feel good about the barrel and I think I will be getting some real good groups in the future (and ground squirrels).

Thes pictures are 640x480 jpgs

Best group of the day, second to last group I shot that day

10 rounds

Another 10 rounds

40 rounds

--Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.