Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i shot my green mountain stinger barrel today at 50 and 100yrds. at first at 50 it would group about an inch with 2 or 3 flyers out of ten shots about 1to2 inches out.then after about 150rnds it started putting ten shot groups in about a 1/2 inch group w/a flyer every 30rnds or so.but no wild flyers like when i started.some of them were in another county.after about 200rnds it would put all of them in a 1/2 to 3/4 inch group consistantly at 50yrds.know 100 is another story. 2inch groups were common i shot one ten shot group that almost went into about 1-1/2. all in all its a decent shooter.its no target gun but if youve ever shot stingers youd know the are not exactly a tack driving round.so the groups i was shootin w/em is pretty good.my gun is a 2000 10/22 w/gm 20inch blued fluted stinger barrel,butler creek varmint stock tasco 2.5-10 varmint/tactical mil-dot scope, the receiver has a rear lug.all enternals are polished,the bolt face is trued and headspace reduced to .043 and thats all i have to say about that.later Bently

·
Registered
47 Posts
Me too!

I just shot mine this weekend too, for the first time. I shot only at 100 yds and ended up with satisfactory results for the moment. It was a windy day, I had not shot in quite some time, my scope is a Bushnell 3-9 with no focus adjustment so I can see the horrible parallax problem, and I still shot some halfway decent groups. I will post some pictures of the targets soon. I only shot about 90 rnds and the groups seemed to shrink all through those 90, maybe the barrel was getting broke in a little, maybe I was just getting more consistant, maybe it was the wind, I don't know. But I am happy with it for now!

--Dan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
regular ammo

it is not wise to shoot regular ammo in a barrel that is chambered for stingers because the stinger chamber is longer. the shorter round would be firing in the chamber.in other words you would causing your chamber to become scored.its like shooting .38 rnds in your .357 yes it works but if you do it alot your longer rounds will fail to extract.i hope thats a good explaination.if not some of the others on here might be able to help.having said that i did shoot one box of the aguila hyper vel because the case is only slightly shorter than a stinger.they shot about the same as the stingers.and at the same point of aim.Later Bently

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don

by the way don where in st.louis do you live i just moved from ofallon 2 years ago. i miss missouri i love that state. the people that live there dont appreciate how much there is to do and see..Later Bently

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chamber length

yes the stinger chamber is longer.i dont know the exact numbers off the top of my head.you could probably find it somewhere online.the GM stinger barrel is specifically for stingers.Bently

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heres the targets

These are the targets I shot on my first day out with the new stinger barrel. I went ahead and shot 10 rd groups, 1 magazine full for each target at 100 yds. About 15 rds to roughly zero the scope, 7 10 round groups. While these groups aren't that great, I feel good about the barrel and I think I will be getting some real good groups in the future (and ground squirrels).

Thes pictures are 640x480 jpgs

Best group of the day, second to last group I shot that day

10 rounds

Another 10 rounds

40 rounds

--Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.