Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Bucket

With friends going back to Iraq for their third tours it seems enlistments are really low. Are our boys shooting out the barrels of their pieces? Wonder why the huge demand for more barrels?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Military contracts are going like crazy right now. You can not build the stuff fast enough to fill the PO's. Anyone in the business is making as much as they can right now before all those open orders start drying up in 2009 due to our new Democratic anti war President making changes.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Military contracts are going like crazy right now. You can not build the stuff fast enough to fill the PO's. Anyone in the business is making as much as they can right now before all those open orders start drying up in 2009 due to our new Democratic anti war President making changes.
That would be the new Democratic President and increased Democratic majority in Congress. The one elected by the 60% percent of the population that no longer approves of the war in Iraq, views it as a failure, and wants withdrawal.

With 4% undecided, only 36% don't want withdrawal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go to the GM website and click on "Internet Specials". You might just be surprised. I have a first run 20" blue fluted .920 barrel in 17 Hummer coming for my 7722mag frame....cost to my door is $75. Take a look.

·
37,283 Posts
That would be the new Democratic President and increased Democratic majority in Congress. The one elected by the 60% percent of the population that no longer approves of the war in Iraq, views it as a failure, and wants withdrawal.

Now.....doesn't THAT sound like a political post?

Do not count your chickens before they hatch. Things can change very fast.

How you gonna feel when that same President, by Executive Order, BANS all those pretty semi autos you sunk all that money into Passinby?

Think you may be a little less smug? One of those candidates seems to have already planned for just that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I fear for national decline no matter which candidate is elected. What "they" did to oil production in the last 30 years is about to occur in everything. Fortunately, polarbears and rich greenies will do well, as will politicos. They always have. But You boys better have the courage to keep a holdout, when the elites turn common folk into baitfish surrounded by barracuda.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hummmm

Depends on who does the poll and how the questions are phrased. Grad school taught me that.

Seems like a hyper political reply on your part...to a non-political thread.

I note that you do not have a veteran or NRA avitar...which makes you comments even more interesting. Hummmm, suprising for Texas in general, but NOT surprising for Austin. Geez, stop the politics.

·
37,283 Posts
It's interesting but those are very similar numbers that were for keeping us out of WWII........the thing is some time the popular choice is not the right choice.

I do not claim to know what the right choice is and would certainly not presume to tell others what is best.

What I do know is Democrap or Repooplican will have to face the larger War on Terrorism........maybe for decades to come whether they want to or not. This is no 5th grade school yard fight with the first one with a bloody nose gets to go crying home to Mama. This is a desperate fight to the death:( :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think the democrats will be in office. It's my prediction McCain will be the next president not that he's the best choice but the only thing the republicans have to offer. I don't think this country is ready for either of the democratic possibilities and God help us if we get the Clintons back in the White House!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Vincent's right. This is going to be a fight to the death and any candidate who doesn't recognize that doesn't deserve to run for dogcatcher let alone president. The Middle Eastern countries view diplomacy and talking as weakness. They only respect the strongman which is why Jimmy Carter is such a fool for trying to talk to these people. Look what happened when Mohamar Ghaddify was giving us such trouble. Reagan put a bomb through his palace window and all of a sudden no more problem from him. Remember when all the talk was of how the Arab "street" was going to be in an uproar if we went into Iraq? Guess what? We went into Iraq and I have yet to see the Arab "street" in an uproar. In fact it was just the opposite, they got real quiet. They only respect strength. Hammer them hard, quit playing around and worrying about collateral damage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.