Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK first a little back story. Mike is a single Father raising three kids pretty much on his own. He was struck with a theft that basicly left them gunless. This gun is ment to replace the gun that was the favorite of his daughters. there is much more in this thread.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=229457

Now for the rifle. Mike had a doner pig rifle that was mostly compleate. He got good barrel from Skeeter. I got a stcok From Patience0830. The scope came from Horsefly and jedwil pitched on a few $$$ to help with shipping etc. all of the guys that helped out are Team RFC members and should be recognized for there great efforts. THANKS GUYS. :bthumb: i donated everything else and built the rifle from the ground up.

Specs on the rifle.

Hogue OM stock in OD green. stage 2 RFT bedding installed. allen head action screw of my making holding it all toghether.
GM seconds Barrel with threaded end.
Trigger group re-worked by me with over sized pins though out. TPA trigger was already in there. My Extended mag release.
Bolt reworked by me with a matte blasted finish to match the TPA trigger.
My extended bolt handle for ease of operation and reliability.
Scope is a BSA classic 3-12X50 set in Millet rings.

it was shooting Wolf MT into 3/8 at 50 yds and Winchester expert in to 3/4" at the same. the Expert is the hunting ammo the girls use for ground squirrels.

i'm sure i'm forgeting something about the rifle. if you guys got any ??? just ask. i shipped the rifle today Mike should have it either Saturday or Monday. The girls have no idea it's comming so it will be a surprise for them for sure. Mike said the 11 yo cried when the last gun was stollen.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not sure why the link dont work. i pasted it from another thread. thanks for lightening up the pic.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Beside myself

Hey guys.

It is hard for me to how I feel about this. All that has been said above is entirely true.
When I told my kids that we had been robbed and lost a lot of stuff they were wide-eyed. When I told them the "cool rifle" (our 10/22) had been stolen my 11 year old cried and the other kids were upset.

I have tried to teach all of my kids gun safety and basic marksmanship at as early an age as I could. I felt it was also important to give my kids a window into reality and I took my kids to an organic ranch being over-run by ground squirrels where we helped thin out the ranks. My daughters really got into it.
If I knew how to post pictures I could show you some cute ones of my girls with guns and squirrels. My girls are both honor students and on a path for success in life, and now they can shoot and survive if need be.

When Nemohunter offered to help me out by taking my action and trigger and working all the stuff together, I could barely believe it. It seemed too good to be true. If it weren't for the fact that I have seen him posting on here ever since I began as a member I would have thought he was scamming me.
Sometimes it seems that so few people do anything without an angle anymore.
So I searched around and got a smokin deal on a nice GM barrel from Skeeter and sent the action and barrel off. Now today is the first time I have seen a picture of the rifle and it is truly amazing.

My kids went to spend a month at their mother's house so they aren't going to be back for a couple weeks. When they get back they will be shocked I know. There may be more tears.

I have to say that this event, and a couple other things in recent weeks have made me feel that amongst our shooting family reside some of the finer human beings we have in this country.
I am humbled by the kindness of each every one of you and I hope that I am in a position to "Pay it forward" and pass on the generosity that has been shown to my children and me.

Thanks Cameron/Nemohunter, Skeeter/Greg, Patience, Horsefly, Jedwil and anyone else who was involved. Perhaps sometime we can meet face to face and I can thank you all in person.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Awesome. Just awesome.
I'm not a big subscriber to the theory of "karma",
but I hope it exists for the return deserved by the
remarkable people that have done this.
You are all such gracious people.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good work guys. Thats is a heck of a nice project. Making kids happy is the best reward. Bless you all.
I agree teaching your children how to properly use a firearm is is basic parenting 101 to me.

The most precious momments I have had with my children have been at the range.

My daughter has more fun cleaning my (she says its her's) M-1 Garand and spending time with her dad than just about any thing we do.

Sending every evil thought that I can to the person that ripped you off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Over due pictures

Hey all, Patience jogged my memory and gave me the quick tutorial on how to post pictures, so here we are...
I am trying it out.

If this works properly this picture will be of my two girls, Amanda on the rifle and April in the background. We are shooting at our local rimfire range which has reactive steel only out to about 50 or 60 yards. My girls take turns running flipping all these little steel flaps from the left side of the center post to the right side, and back again with this rifle. I checked the accuracy when I got the rifle back from Nemohunter and it was kind of comical that that I sighted in on a paper target at fifty yards, aimed at the fuzzy, tiny dot of one of the numbers demarking the concentric rings of the bullseye (what ever those numbers are called), and fired a single round ripping that number off the paper with the first shot.
That is always gratifying.
The girls love the rifle and April keeps hinting that I should make it officially "hers" at Christmas time.

I really appreciate everyone's generosity. Whether or not the karma thing does work, you all, and me have partnered together to help make some shooters. I intend for them to be shooters for life.

Michael/CCMMike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.