Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Japanese made Grand Slam, 4-16X44. It's the Multi Stop model. I want to move my rimfire shooting out to 200 yards. The scope has very limited elevation travel. Looking at the Strike Eagle 3-18X44. Optically, how much of a step down is the Vortex? Anybody looked through both?

Sir I own a couple of GS Multistop reticle scopes and that reticle is too big in my opinion for that long of a shot. The elevation part can be taken care of with a 20 MOA rail designed for long shots. I have only owned one Vortex and returned it because it was too big for my rifles. Never check out the glass in it. Sorry.

Signalman 馃殾

Premium Member
I have two of the Vortex strike eagle 3-18x44 scopes. One is currently not in use, but I'll eventually put it back in use. If you were closer to me, I'd let you try mine out to see if it's what you think you want.

I have no experience with the GS scopes but Signalman has a bunch of them, so I would certainly heed his input.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sir I own a couple of GS Multistop reticle scopes and that reticle is too big in my opinion for that long of a shot. The elevation part can be taken care of with a 20 MOA rail designed for long shots. I have only owned one Vortex and returned it because it was too big for my rifles. Never check out the glass in it. Sorry.

Signalman 馃殾
For me the issue isn't the reticle. The design of the Multistop elevation turret limits you to less than one full rotation of adjustment. Getting a 200yd zero with an inclined base means you can't also dial down to a 50yd zero.

Sir then take off the Multistop Turret top and adjust at will. :D The Multistop system is supposed to allow you to preset your distance after you get the reticle sighted in. So crank it up to make your 200 yard shot. I don't remember how much elevation the GS has you my still need a rail to get the range you need. The Multistop system was designed for centerfire where one full turn could really crank them out there and not for a 22lr that drops like a brick after 100 yards. For me a 200 yard shot from a 22lr is just to have fun and see if you can ring the bell or hit the can, I don't know how many foot pounds a 36-40 grain bullet has at 200 yards but for me a hunter 75 yards is about max for a clean kill in my book. I am not saying it can't be done just makes me uncomfortable. Let us know how it turned out.

Signalman 馃殾

1 - 5 of 5 Posts