Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it took 'em a couple weeks to get up to Canada (we're on a glacier eh!) but I got my VQ 25 shot 22WMR mags today. I fit one in, no problem. Seemed to have a fair bit of jiggle room, but locked in right. We'll see how they work on the range. I put 25 shots in 'em and they all went in easy enough. A couple of times they didn't spring back up enough right away but then came up. I read on here somewhere you should charge them and leave them for a month or so. I have just put them away charged, it will likely be a month before I can try them. They're a bit chunky, and look well built. Hope they shoot good.

An unrelated question: Ruger rings have little screws that are tightened with a star driver - ghragghhhh! I guess hex is too simple. Is there a measure on that some one knows or is it proprietary? I've lost the little wrench.

:Blasting_

·
Registered
811 Posts
I fit one in, no problem. Seemed to have a fair bit of jiggle room, but locked in right.
I had the same "Jiggle" thing going so I put some black vinyl tape around the base of the mag's block section and the mag now fits just like the factory Ruger mag. Mine may have had a little more jiggle since it would not feed well -- until I put on the tape. I tried the mag in another stock thinking maybe the magazine opening in the first stock was too big but the mag was the same in the second stock also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.