Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my targets last week and couldn't wait to tack one up and have at it.

Shooting WMT through my JW15 at 50yds from my dog-gone good rest scored 182-1X. Obviously I'm in need of some fine-tuning!

I'll get serious after Montana PD shoot last week of June.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Uuuh, cheater,
You might wanna start out at 25yds,,,,,,,ain't near as tuff on the ego. I'm not too familiar with the JW-15, thats a Browning clone made by Norinco ain't it?

Welcome to the matches! JL

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
JL--
I think that's a BRNO clone bolt rifle. A friend of mine had one that shot really well after I lightened the trigger. At 25 yards it was very good. It was surprising--and he paid less than 100 bucks for it!!!

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Whew.

Glad to hear what it is a clone of. On the other hand, if it was a clone of Dolly the Sheep, JL and GG woulda gone out and bought them all up and wouldn't have had any money left over for match ammo...

...on the other other hand, they would have been in a lot better moods after their trips to the barn..

:D :D :D

Ron

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I hope to get a target in for June. I shot a 230 on a practice target a few wks back. Would have got one in for may but our rifle range is closed for repairs. Thats not good cause I need practice to be able to hang with you guys.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
vmaxx,
You've got the right additude, just practice and get used to shooting at the USBR target. But a good cheaper way to practice is to make up some targets ( saves the real targets for the matches). Printer paper with five rows of five small dots works in a pinch. You'll get to the point that a half inch bull is too easy.......Then the fun begins! JL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.