Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HS came back from Kimber. Invoice says it was rebarrelled due to accuracy problems(understatement, it was shooting 4-5 inch groups)It came with new test target, .270 with match extra,and if the first ten groups are an indicator, it will do shoot better than that.the groups averaged 3/8" but kept getting better every group I shot. The last group was four shots in to a very small hole that I couldn't even determine centers of holes, It was definetely in the .1's. best group I've ever shot.It's definitely a keeper now.
That's the great news, the bad news, is that Kimber didn't explain how it shot a .370with the first test target it came with, when it needed rebarreled. I'd understand if it was a stock problem,but I can't see any way it could have shot that first test target, with the first barrel.Also, I very politely asked them to fix a blemish in the finish on to of the comb,that came from the factory, since I had to pay $20.00 shipping to send a $750.00 gun back to get it to shoot like it was supposed to from the beginning.They didn't do that either, or offer to compensate me for my expenses.
I think that is extremely poor customer service, from a company that sells high dollar firearms.
I'm very happy with the way my gun shoots, but I will always have a bad taste in my mouth over this experience with the company.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Bryan,
Glad they got that thang fixed. That's the way they are supposed to shoot!!!! Mine shoots very well with the right ammo. The fluted barrel seem to shoot better as it warms up--kinda the reverse of a light sporter barrel? Some of the best groups outta mine have been with Lapua Midas M, it doesn't like the L size Lapua? I'd disclose group sizes but I don't want to be accused of practicing witchcraft:) Besides, from what I hear Kimber's won't shoot--hehehe--This thing shoots pretty good though!

· Registered
321 Posts
Customer Service

I think I'd give em another call just to let them know that you were not completely satisfied.My opinion is that It doesn't really matter what brand/model or how much I gave for it,if it ain't right I want it fixed.

My first,and definately not last,.22 'target' rifle is an SVT.It shoots way better than the test target that was sent with it and I am very satisfied with the way it performs.I'm glad to here that they got yours to shootin'.:t

Kent,don't let the cat outa the bag.;)

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EX-disgruntled Kimber owner

I think I'm just going to forget about the customer service, and keep shooting tight little groups with it.
I was talking to a local gunshop owner about shooting some rimfire competitions at a range where he is a board member, and he showed me a couple CZ's and an Anschutz that he uses. I told him I would be shooting my Kimber Gov't, and HS and he told me that as long as I wasn't embarassed about shooting my Kimbers that it would be alright!HeHeHe!!He said he hadn't seen one yet that would shoot, that they were looks only.
I hope, next month, that I make us Kimber owners proud.The kind of groups I'm getting out of both my kimbers I should have a good chance keeping up with those guys.

· Registered
54 Posts
just a quick question, how long did kimber take to fix your gun? i am thinking of sending mine back? I get fliers about 4 to 6 in out of the bull with my svt. Its a shame when you spend that kink of cash and it still isnt right.

ollie

· Registered
6 Posts
:t Glad to hear you got it back from the custom shop. After I got mine back, she shoots like a charm. It took them 6 weeks to get mine back to me, but the staff in the custom shop was very nice when I would call and inquire as to what was going on with the rifle.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took about two weeks, but I called after a week and a half and asked about it, and was told they never received it,and hadn't had an HS in months.After giving them the tracking number, they looked it up and said it had been delivered to them.After about an hour I called back to see if they had found it, and I was told it was lost, but as soon as they got to the bottom of the problem they would call me back.After another two or three hours, and me panicing a little, I called yet again, long distance, and was told they were working on it as we spoke.But no one called me to let me know. I'm really confused as to how this company could be this unorganized.I guess that's why there is these guns getting out shooting 5in. groups.I'd still like to know how they can claim that they shot a test target with these rifles showing tiny groups.
You just don't hear about these problems from cooper or anschutz or any other high end gunmakers, or the low and mid range ones either. I think they need to get on the ball at Kimber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.