Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Well I put my money in the lottery and ordered a 452 american w/ the 16" barrel from Whittakers. Sent my money out Thursday....the gun arrived at my FFL on Wednesday! very impressive. I'm very happy with the piece of wood I received. Just got done cleaning it inside and out. The barrel is free floated- don't have to touch a thing there. I have a feeling this won't be my last CZ..... here's some pics

Any advice on how to make the bolt smoother? I know using it will loosen it up- is that the best way? My burris .22 deluxe medium (all steel) rings are eagerly awaiting the Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 AO on the way.... I cannot wait to shoot this thing!

ps- sorry Neil!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very nice little American. That's pretty good looking wood too. I bet it'll prove to be one handy, sweet-shooting rifle once it's scoped up and, you know, gets out of bed!

The best way I've found to smooth the bolt is still just to shoot a lot!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful rifle!

I recently bought a new LUX and followed others advice on cleaning, which included taking the bolt apart (VERY easy). I cleaned it thoroughly and have put 150 rounds through it. The bolt is already feeling better.

Happy, Safe Shooting!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Nice looking shooter and a great scope to boot. Just cycle that bolt a few hundred times and she'll smooth like butter. Oil patch the area to pick-up any of the dust. I think its hard to not to own more than one CZ. I'm keeping an eye out for a Lux to join my Varmite and FS.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think you made a good choice.
I`ve had a CZ American for some time and have been very pleased with the quality and accuracy.
I just mounted a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 AO on it but haven`t had the time to go shooting.
I`m betting you will be very pleased with your set up.
Be sure to post some fifty yard groups after you get her slicked up.

As far as the bolt is concerned, go to your local auto parts store and get a tube of medium grit valve grinding compound.
Cover the bolt, insert it into the reciever and work it backand forth.
Don`t over do it. Polish a little at a time till you get the results you want.
Clean, blow out, and lube everything good.

ps: You can keep the remainder of the compound on hand for lapping scope rings.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stanmerrell- I will post up some pics and write a review when I get mine in...it'll probably be about a week and a half before I get mine. I have two fullfield IIs and I have been more then impressed with them. One is a 3-9x40 and the other is a 4.5-14x42 AO. If you do a search limited to the scope forum for the timberline you'll see there is at least one review and several other comments. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.