Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my 1717 last week and mounted a Zeiss 4.5-16x to it using BKL mounts. I took it to the range and after breaking in the barrel shot several 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Average was .5 inch. I think it might do slightly better if my scope had fine cross hairs, and I practiced my hold but I am very satisfied. The ammo was Hornady. This is the first rifle I have shot in about 17 years. That was when I sold all my rifles and went strictly handgun. Not sorry I did, but wanted to try a rifle for something different. I also purchased a 64P in .17 from someone here on the forum that I will be scoping soon. Curious to see how it compares. It may shoot as well since the barrel is shorter ( bullet has less dwell time in barrel), but we will see.
One down side though. I do not like the trigger as it is set from the factory. It is a little heavier than I want, but the worst thing is it has quite a bit of creep! I am going to try and adjust this out myself, or take it to my smith is necessary. It is disappointing to spend $1200 on a rifle and then have to have the trigger modified. Kinda reminds me of when I buy a revolver then have to send it off to have an action job, and grips properly fitted.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.